Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

I have an M416 style trailer for our travels and we use a simple coleman green two burner stove with that pressure regulator/propane tank connector/ stick looking thingy, we use it with either a 5lb or a 20lb tanks with a hose, I'm looking to mount the stove to the trailer but the main problem I'm trying to solve is to find an easier way to connect the stove to the tank, either with some kind of quick connect or just leave it connected (while turning off the tank when not in use). Are there quick connects for these things? or is there a different stove which works better for keeping the stove connected to the tank? Thanks!

Costa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

PatioGem 12 FT Propane Quick Connect Hose for RV to Gas Grill, Propane Quick Connect Fittings for 1 LB Throwaway Bottle Connects 1 LB Portable Appliance to RV 1/4" Female Quick Disconnect https://a.co/d/fs94n61
That's good but that leaves me with the bit that hangs off stove, the pressure regulator, which is flimsy and can't be just left connected.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
PatioGem 12 FT Propane Quick Connect Hose for RV to Gas Grill, Propane Quick Connect Fittings for 1 LB Throwaway Bottle Connects 1 LB Portable Appliance to RV 1/4" Female Quick Disconnect https://a.co/d/fs94n61
That's good but that leaves me with the bit that hangs off stove, the pressure regulator, which is flimsy and can't be just left connected.
It was one of many with a search of “Propane Quick Connect Fittings”

Reactions: Costa

Costa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

Yes thank you, I think I saw this one or a similar one and I'll probably go that route if I don't find a better solution. I just want to avoid screwing in that pressure regulator and having it stick out awkwardly on the side of the stove. It can't be just left connected because it will unscrew itself with some movement.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Yes thank you, I think I saw this one or a similar one and I'll probably go that route if I don't find a better solution. I just want to avoid screwing in that pressure regulator and having it stick out awkwardly on the side of the stove. It can't be just left connected because it will unscrew itself with some movement.
Use green Locktite on the fitting… it won’t come undone without tools.

Reactions: Ubiety