Project Vintage Adventure 1953 Dodge Power Wagon

• HTML tutorial

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

Ok so I'm brand new to Overland Bound. I live in Lloydminster Alberta, Canada. I have been into off-roading for 20yrs. I've had a few years away from the trails but now want to introduce my family to it. I am hoping to have my truck completed by next summer. Plans is to hit up some trails in Alberta as well as British Columbia, and then venture farther.
The Plan
1953 Dodge Power Wagon.
- Strengthen Frame
- 12 valve cummins, 5 speed, NP205, dana 60/70, locked, on 40" tires
- custom roll cage in bed for safety and to support a canvas cover, add a bench seat in the bed, roof rack to hold a RTT and gear.
I am 12 months into the build so far.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Ok so I'm brand new to Overland Bound. I live in Lloydminster Alberta, Canada. I have been into off-roading for 20yrs. I've had a few years away from the trails but now want to introduce my family to it. I am hoping to have my truck completed by next summer. Plans is to hit up some trails in Alberta as well as British Columbia, and then venture farther.
The Plan
1953 Dodge Power Wagon.
- Strengthen Frame
- 12 valve cummins, 5 speed, NP205, dana 60/70, locked, on 40" tires
- custom roll cage in bed for safety and to support a canvas cover, add a bench seat in the bed, roof rack to hold a RTT and gear.
I am 12 months into the build so far.
I’ve been into Hot Rods and Classic Trucks for 20 years. I’ve always had a passion for older vehicles. You’re combining two things that get me excited. [emoji16] Good luck with your build! Would love to see pics! My Instagram accounts are @ima_b_marcus and @_overland_america_

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Wade Trimble

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Very nice. Love the old power wagons and 12v Cummins are my all time favorite engine. Not sure how much you know about that motor but make sure that you look into fixing the kdp (killer dowel pin) since even into 98 there were still issues with this. I had a 97 12v and miss that truck every day (although my current truck makes it not so bad lol).

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: ibemarcus

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

Very nice. Love the old power wagons and 12v Cummins are my all time favorite engine. Not sure how much you know about that motor but make sure that you look into fixing the kdp (killer dowel pin) since even into 98 there were still issues with this. I had a 97 12v and miss that truck every day (although my current truck makes it not so bad lol).

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks. You bet I just completed the KDP fix . Also adding 3200rpm gov spring, fuel plate, 75hp injectors, and all the free tuning. Gonna stick with stock turbo for now.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
Very well done. I'm jealous, I am a lifelong power wagon lover. Great drivetrain combo and looks like you've got some skills in fab work. I wish I could build my 58 power wagon, but I already have a 07 power wagon and a jeep Rubicon that take all my money and time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wade Trimble

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lloydminster Alberta
Member #

Very well done. I'm jealous, I am a lifelong power wagon lover. Great drivetrain combo and looks like you've got some skills in fab work. I wish I could build my 58 power wagon, but I already have a 07 power wagon and a jeep Rubicon that take all my money and time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank You. I'm trying to build it with reliability in mind.