Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Took my 5 year old daughter exploring the Allegheny National Forest this weekend. we had plans to camp, hike, and sight see but the main objective was some much needed bonding time between us. Definitely a successful trip and I believe a new generation of overlander was created!
IMG_2669.JPGIMG_2671.JPGIMG_2675.JPGIMG_2683.JPGIMG_2677.JPGIMG_2682.JPGIMG_2688.JPGIMG_2693.JPGIMG_2697.JPGIMG_2702.JPG

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
The last few trips out I started getting some serious vibrations in the drivetrain at highway speeds that eventually manifested into full on death wobble. My plan was to rebalance the tires and inspect the entire steering/suspension/drivetrain. When i cycled the steering wheel I noticed some play in the tie rod, a torn boot, and fluid leaking from the steering box.
IMG_2815.JPG
New steering box. Decided to replace the entire drag link/tie rod with curries system.
IMG_2814.JPG
I’m still waiting for my Currie Correctlync to be delivered so I went ahead and torqued everything else to spec. However, I’m thinking it may be best to do ball joints as well while I’ve got everything apart...

Reactions: Shamu and RoarinRow

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Started tearing down my T3C this week. For those of you towing offroad trailers regularly, is there any benefit of running a mud terrain over an all terrain on the trailer besides aesthetics? I plan on running a similar size tire to the Jeep in order to utilize the same spare but debating the AT vs MT. I would imagine the AT will roll smoother/lighter down the highway but will the MT add any lateral traction during slippery, off camber situations on the trail?

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Took my 5 year old daughter exploring the Allegheny National Forest this weekend. we had plans to camp, hike, and sight see but the main objective was some much needed bonding time between us. Definitely a successful trip and I believe a new generation of overlander was created!
View attachment 118683View attachment 118684View attachment 118685View attachment 118692View attachment 118686View attachment 118687View attachment 118688View attachment 118689View attachment 118690View attachment 118691
We love going to the SkyWalk.

Have you done the hike to the bottom?

It is a bit rough. My son loved it...I thought I would die, but had to be strong for him20191027_150448.jpg lol20191027_150621.jpg

Awesome jeep build. It is great enjoying the outdoors with the kids. Glad to see your family enjoys it too

Attachments

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
We love going to the SkyWalk.

Have you done the hike to the bottom?

It is a bit rough. My son loved it...I thought I would die, but had to be strong for himView attachment 137490 lolView attachment 137489

Awesome jeep build. It is great enjoying the outdoors with the kids. Glad to see your family enjoys it too
We planned on doing the hike to the bottom but with traffic backed up due to a festival we ran out of time. Definitely on my list for next time!

Reactions: DevilDodge

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Made it out to Southington offroad on Saturday with a buddy of mine in his jku. GF peer pressured me into attempting this mud hole which ended in a fried starter.
Adjustments.JPG

Removed, disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled starter tonight and to my surprise it worked! Saved myself $160 and learned a bunch this evening.
IMG_3386.JPG