Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m looking forward to participating, having missed the earlier Trail Guardian events in MNP. Does anyone know how a possible government shutdown might impact the cleanup?
It has the possibility of impacting the event, but after talking with NPS we are going ahead with the two RP's

Reactions: 06tacodude

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I should have all the information we need from NPS by Wednesday to send out the attendee message.

If anyone is on the fence about going please make up your mind ASAP. Thanks this will be a fun one but a little harder to plan the logistics.

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Regrettably, i will not be able to attend and originally planned due to a conflict. I have canceled by RSVP accordingly. Wishing all a safe and productive trip; wish things had worked out. Next time i guess! Best to all.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Regrettably, i will not be able to attend and originally planned due to a conflict. I have canceled by RSVP accordingly. Wishing all a safe and productive trip; wish things had worked out. Next time i guess! Best to all.
Thats to bad Roger, see you on the next one.

Reactions: Roger 2486

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Thanks Kent. I was looking forward to the project and hearing of your recent Continental Divide trip! Soon again.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Was looking forward to this project but unfortunately I have to cancel. I literally have every day open in October except these specific days. Oh well hopefully will be able to join you for the project next spring.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Getting very close to sending out the messages for the two projects.

We are getting some cancelations and thank you for the advanced warning.
Once the roster is set for project #1 it will be hard to fill spots from people that either back out at thee last minute or dont show for what ever reason.

Thanks again for supporting the Trail Guardian Program, this should be a good one.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Attendee message has been sent

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well another Mojave Trail Guardian is in the books and I must say it was the most ambitious and successful one to date. 46 members signed the volunteer roster.

Project #1, the plan was to treat this project like an overland trip over a couple of days, getting people out in teams to survey for dispersed camping sites. The teams were challenged by the app and data file provided by NPS but everyone adapted and made it work. 346 sites were recorded and downloaded into the NPS database.
Project #2, concentrated on replacing boundary signs around the preserve, these signs targeted illegal side by side use in the preserve. Once again the teams were challenged by data provided by NPS but in the end it was a success. Now if the side by side community will pay attention is another story.
Project #3, was to plant Joshua Trees in the Dome Fire burn scar, this is an ongoing project that our Las Vegas group has been working on diligently.

Saturday night we had a great presentation by Dave Nichols, Park Archaeologist. Dave is a huge supporter of our work in the preserve and a good friend of Overland Bound.
The raffle went off great, we had several members who donated items plus all the great swag from Overland Bound, the grand prize was a Gazelle tent

Our next event will be in April, exact date TBD.

Thank you everyone for all your hard work, you are Trail Guardian