Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I have noticed there are a lot of new members stating they are/were military. The forum does have a LOT of military folks as members. However, outside of them actually saying so, nobody would know. Since we can provide a lot of information when completing our profiles, what about an option to have your military branch displayed the same as, say, the Ham Callsign? I'd personally love to see a small icon of the applicable branch, but even just text of your service would be nice enough.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Running? Nope. That's why I joined the AF.
Running? HA too broke to run. Jumping out of the AF's Airplanes. :-)
As for the Profile idea. *shrug* Might be a nice option for someone that wants it to add the service crest to their profile. Just because its there doesn't mean we have to use it.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I agree, pretty ridiculous isn't it?
ha! yeah, especially when i remember being active duty years back and folks treating us like crap. that saying is more cliche than heart felt...

Baystate4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lee, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
USA
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have noticed there are a lot of new members stating they are/were military. The forum does have a LOT of military folks as members. However, outside of them actually saying so, nobody would know. Since we can provide a lot of information when completing our profiles, what about an option to have your military branch displayed the same as, say, the Ham Callsign? I'd personally love to see a small icon of the applicable branch, but even just text of your service would be nice enough.
It looks like this has been added. You can now display your military branch or ES organization.

Reactions: roots66

Huggy Bear

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Buckaroo
Last Name
Rider
I'm kind of divided on this one.

Not everything I do is about the Army, and I don't want it to be.

As an option, you do you. I ain't telling anybody else how to internet.
I agree, I want to keep that stuff to myself, unless there are discounts to be given or head of the line privilege's given ;-)
But maybe there is an option to post a Military ID Badge in the forums for members?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.