PROCOMP A/T Tires

• HTML tutorial

KaptKarl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
Member #

Just put a set of 35x12.50x20 PROCOMP A/T's on my Ford Excursion. Probably only 500 miles of pavement so far, but I must say I am greatly impressed with the ride.

The tires are quiet compared to the BFG Rugged Terrains I took off the truck. They have been excellent with the recent rains we have had here in the Southeast and I look forward to providing more updates. One huge attraction was the 60K mile no questions warranty. Yeah, there are some caveats to that, but its much better than many of the A/T or M/T tires out there. The other thing, was the price. I bought them online from 4 Wheel Parts and had my local shop install them. Check them out or shoot me a message if you have questions. I have an offroad event coming in January and look forward to reviewing their off highway capabilities.

http://www.procompusa.com/tires-product-details.aspx?pt=101509&pl=111330

KaptKarl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
Member #

No real mud yet. Just to and from a muddy jobsite down a dirt road. The stone on the site cleans out really well from a quick visual. Hitting N. GA on MLK weekend, so we will see if the trails have a little mud to test the new shoes...

Helmut Kobler

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kapt,
How are the Pro Comp AT's working out for you now that you've had them longer? I've been thinking about them as well due to warranty and also the trial period return policy. Coming from a P rated tire that came with my 4Runner Trail Edition, I'm a little worried that a beefier tire will be louder and rougher, but would definitely appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

KaptKarl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
Member #

I have to say that these tires continue to impress. With just over 15,000 miles on them, the tires show and measure a small amount of very even wear. The ride has continued to be comfortable and quiet. When pushed into off-road service the ProComp A/T's have performed admirably in the swampy areas here in the South Carolina lowcountry, up to the mountains of Western North Carolina and air down well for the sandy beaches of the Outer Banks. We are about to take a 6,000 mile loop out West that will be mainly highway, but I have great confidence in these tires. They have taken a few hits along the way with a large screw from the construction site I am on and most recently, a bungee strap hook. Crazy thing is that neither damage punctured the casing and only lodged in the tread. My next set of tires will certainly be another set of ProComps.

Jeff Swain

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, Missouri
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Swain
Member #

I have been running the pro comp at tires for about a year now on my jeep. I really like the tires. I have about 25000 miles on them. They seem to be holding up very well. When it is time to replace them I will be buying another set.

Doug C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jasper, Georgia, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Camara
Member #

Great info! I'm currently looking at new tires. Looking at these and the General Grabber AT2.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk