Pressurized Water & Storage

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

southernfire97

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
Member #

Years ago I bought a heat exchanger, a copper tube with another copper tube inside it so it is a heat exchanger. Has inlet of one end and outlet on the other. You put a hose into a bucket of water, stream, etc., and pump sucked up water with a 12 volt pump through it and out into a shower hose and spray down. Uses the dash heater settings for warmer or colder. The company that made it was in CA but is now out of business.
Easy, versatile, always there.
Does anyone know of a company that makes such a device today?
There are a few companies in Australia that are making them. I've considered that myself, but ended up going with a 12v pump, water tank and then a Camplux portable shower system for heated water. Just use ambient temp water for cooking, washing dishes, etc.

Reactions: Viking1204

69machguy

Rank V

Contributor III

Here are some pics of the Karibe water heater I recently bought from Equipt at OE West. I can port my (pressurized) RoadShower directly into it, eliminating the need for a 12v water pump to move the water source. I tested it a week ago and it worked great. You just can't let water sit in the unit or it will get really hot, gotta maintain flow. I'll post a YouTube clip at some point soon and insert the link.

Wally

Attachments

Last edited:

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

That thing is pretty pricey, I was thinking along the lines of something like below.

Template public:_media_site_embed_amazon not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.

Template public:_media_site_embed_amazon not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.

dr_r2r

Rank I

Traveler I

Chicago
I use a Sun Joe. Cheap as hell and works perfectly. Battery lasts many water refills and easy to fill in and discharge. It holds 5 gallons and very light to carry.

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

I use a Sun Joe. Cheap as hell and works perfectly. Battery lasts many water refills and easy to fill in and discharge. It holds 5 gallons and very light to carry.
View attachment 104173
You're using a Sun Joe what? I tried Googling to find it and I find all kinds of stuff made by Sun Joe like pressure washers but not anything like what you have pictured, what is it exactly?

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

Found it, thanks! Curious, how long does the 2 ah battery last?

dr_r2r

Rank I

Traveler I

Chicago
Looks like they don't make it anymore. I got it from flea bay for $50, brand new. Never run out of battery on a single charge for more than 10 refills or you can power it up directly from your car.

Template public:_media_site_embed_youtube not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.

Last edited:

Buddabuda

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Indiana
Member #

Looks like they don't make it anymore. I got it from flea bay for $50, brand new. Never run out of battery on a single charge for more than 10 refills or you can power it up directly from your car.

Template public:_media_site_embed_youtube not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.
I see them available on Amazon and Home Depot for about $120

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

Well after much deliberation going back and forth on the kind of pressurized water solution I want I think I'm going to build my own using 4" PVC due to the ease of finding all the parts I need versus the 6" PVC. If I buy a 10' piece of 4" PVC it will hold 6.5 gallons of water and by using air pressure to pressurize it I don't need to worry about charging it or it draining my truck or Flexopower battery. I can use the Flexopower to power my fridge, a small fan and some LED lights. Once I complete it I'll post up pics of it in my RTT rack build thread in the Overland Vehicle Builds section.

So for those of you that have built a pressurized PVC water system, what kind of pressure do you need to put in the PVC pipe to get good water flow?

Trigger

Rank I

Contributor I

Oklahoma
My 11 year old son bought me a Nemo Helio for my birthday after hearing me talk about wanting pressurized water. I had looked at the different mounted systems but I decided I wanted something I could remove just for ease of convenience whether that be filling it up or taking it away from the truck. I also hunt so this was a dual purpose for me as well. I used it for the first time this weekend and it surpassed my expectations not just with showering but doing dishes after making breakfasts. It made clean up so easy. The foot pump is great. It doesn’t take much to get the pressure up.

I filled it up before we left camp with tap water. We drove about an hour to a swimming hole and after about two hours of swimming we sprayed off and the water was very comfortably warm. It sat in the bed under my RTT’s shade and still got warm. It holds about three gallons which is plenty for two people to shower and have enough to do the dishes. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Delux2769

Viking1204

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

After some online research and measurements of my truck rack I've decided to go with a an 8 foot piece of 4" PVC to build my pressurized water system. It will hold 5.2 gallons of water with a working pressure of 220 PSI. Based on what I've seen online in YouTube videos it only takes 15 PSI to get decent water flow and 30 PSI seems to be the sweet spot for what people are using. I've priced out the parts and my build should cost $60 - $70.

Reactions: KCCO_Texas

DividedSky

Rank V

Advocate II

USA
Member #

Surprised that no one mentioned WaterPort...

Tupenny

Rank VI
Supporter

Enthusiast I

Longwood, Florida
Member #

After some online research and measurements of my truck rack I've decided to go with a an 8 foot piece of 4" PVC to build my pressurized water system. It will hold 5.2 gallons of water with a working pressure of 220 PSI. Based on what I've seen online in YouTube videos it only takes 15 PSI to get decent water flow and 30 PSI seems to be the sweet spot for what people are using. I've priced out the parts and my build should cost $60 - $70.
This would be a good build to document and post. I'm interested to see how you put this together