• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@NavigateOverland

Welcome sounds like you have an adventure in the making. It will help to know what your planned areas to visit are and capabilities will be to tailor suggestions.
  • Do you already know your entry and exit points and dates? (Many high elevation and northern routes may still be closed in May and June)
  • Any places already on your list?
  • What will you be driving when you take this trip? (Many rental car's can't be taken "off pavement".)
Boort

NavigateOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sint Pancras
Member #

We’re gonna start in Halifax (roughly route is on the website) at around the 10th of May going to newfoundland & labrador. Beginning of August we will be heading to Alaska for about 1 month then down to USA....
All of this will be done in a LR3

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met OB Talk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@NavigateOverland

Looks like you are routing around all of my favorite stomping grounds. (CO, WY, UT,...)

The first modification (biggest payback for route change) I would suggest that unless you have a reason for going to Bakersfield CA and the passes are open (should be in Aug), you Skip much of the I5. Split off of your Route in Kingman AZ, and head to any of Lake Mead/Las Vegas NV/Red Rock Canyon, followed by Death Valley NP, Sierras, Mono Lake, and into Yosemite NP. Rejoining your Route at 580 West of Tracy CA.

If you have the time I'd stay north in Montana and visit Glacier NP/Waterton Lakes NP (CA) can either go north from I90 St Regis or take a more scenic route west through Kaniksu NF and by Lake Pend Oreille by splitting from your route in Spokane Wa. Then east on Hwy 2 to Havre MT picking up your route.

Boort

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@NavigateOverland

If you are interested in visiting the US National parks Here is a map that hits all 47 of the major parks (it has many of the same areas your route is already visiting)
Add your stops and drop of any parks you have no interest in visiting. Lots of interstate highway here as it was optimized for travel speed and less for off the beaten path overlanding.

Post back here as you refine your trip details so that others can join in with details about specific areas / routes they know best.

Boort

Reactions: NavigateOverland