Powerlift 3 Ton,All-in-One Bottle Jack

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

I am considering adding this into my rig. It would give me a way to safely lift and brace my truck should I have to work on it.

• Dimensions: 9.75"L x 9.75"W x 12.25"H. Patented design combines jack stand and bottle jack in one unit
  • Safety bar locks unit at desired height. This jack is for trucks and off road type vehicles
  • Highly durable. Wide steel base for stability under load. Height range is 11 inch to 21 inch, but its default lift range is 11 to 17.25 inch, it can be raised to 21 inch if adjusted manually
For those of y'all that have been doing this a while.... what are your thoughts on a piece of gear like this?

714yQY8b1ML._SL1500_.jpg

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I have one. It has a good rep for all the obvious reasons. I’ve found I don’t really take mine on the trail though because it’s so bulky. (You can get it via Home Depot btw)

Reactions: Desert Runner

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was looking at this one too. I would like to see if I will be able to fit on roof rack and secure there with may be rubber clamp or automotive steel round clamp. I like it idea better than high lift. High lift is dangerous, beside your hands , it also can damage car very bad, plus with high lift you have to have flat metal surfaces. On new cars it's hard to use as like Jeep Grand Cherokee is unibody.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I've got one and used it many times. The best example was when I was in Moab and flexed the rear tires in to the quarter panel lip and peeled it out. I was able to slide the jack under each rock slider, jack up enough to get the wheel out of the way, crawl under and bend / pound the sharp metal back our of the way. I was far from home and WOULD NOT have EVER put my head under there like I did with a high lift jack. It is heavy, but I'll leave my high lift home instead of this.

Reactions: phlfly

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

As an FYI, always put your spare (or your just removed wheel) under your frame if you are going to get underneath, probably no matter what else you’re using.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

I have one of these jacks/lifts. I bought it replace my stock jack but it's just big enough to NOT carry on a regular basis. Out "adventuring" I do carry it but not an everyday carry item.

I really like it though.

Reactions: RainGoat

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Just purchased one of these myself. Had a flat on a recent trip, and had to use the oem scissor jack with a spacer to lift the car...it was a huge PITA. This will do the job much more quickly, and safely, going forward.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Will one of these be enough to get a front tire off the ground on a vehicle with independent front suspension or something with taller tires and solid axle? I have a '90 Jeep YJ, a '16 Toyota Tundra and a '66 IH Scout.. all are on 33's..I have a HiLift and figure I can use wheel straps in a stuck situation along with my XBull boards but not good for a flat on the Tundra.