Powerlift 3 Ton,All-in-One Bottle Jack | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Powerlift 3 Ton,All-in-One Bottle Jack

Discussion in 'Overland Recovery Gear' started by LoneWolfOutdoors, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. LoneWolfOutdoors

Map
    I am considering adding this into my rig. It would give me a way to safely lift and brace my truck should I have to work on it.

• Dimensions: 9.75"L x 9.75"W x 12.25"H. Patented design combines jack stand and bottle jack in one unit
    • Safety bar locks unit at desired height. This jack is for trucks and off road type vehicles
    • Highly durable. Wide steel base for stability under load. Height range is 11 inch to 21 inch, but its default lift range is 11 to 17.25 inch, it can be raised to 21 inch if adjusted manually
    For those of y'all that have been doing this a while.... what are your thoughts on a piece of gear like this?

714yQY8b1ML._SL1500_.jpg

JCWages and Desert Runner like this.
  2. RainGoat

RainGoat Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    I have one. It has a good rep for all the obvious reasons. I’ve found I don’t really take mine on the trail though because it’s so bulky. (You can get it via Home Depot btw)

3. LoneWolfOutdoors

Map
    Thanks

4. Jku Ben

Jku Ben Rank III

Member #:

Map
    Definitely in my amazon wishlist.

LoneWolfOutdoors likes this.
  5. phlfly

phlfly Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    I was looking at this one too. I would like to see if I will be able to fit on roof rack and secure there with may be rubber clamp or automotive steel round clamp. I like it idea better than high lift. High lift is dangerous, beside your hands , it also can damage car very bad, plus with high lift you have to have flat metal surfaces. On new cars it's hard to use as like Jeep Grand Cherokee is unibody.

6. The other Sean

The other Sean Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    I've got one and used it many times. The best example was when I was in Moab and flexed the rear tires in to the quarter panel lip and peeled it out. I was able to slide the jack under each rock slider, jack up enough to get the wheel out of the way, crawl under and bend / pound the sharp metal back our of the way. I was far from home and WOULD NOT have EVER put my head under there like I did with a high lift jack. It is heavy, but I'll leave my high lift home instead of this.

phlfly likes this.
  7. phlfly

phlfly Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    Yes I would not go under the car with high lift

8. RainGoat

RainGoat Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    As an FYI, always put your spare (or your just removed wheel) under your frame if you are going to get underneath, probably no matter what else you’re using.