Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Two questions:

1. How does one rotate a photo? Several of mine uploaded directly from my phone or ipad are rotated 90 degrees. Certainly I don't have to post process them before uploading - that would be crazy. But, I see no option anywhere to rotate a posted image.

2. Where are my photos saved? I can't seem to reinsert an image I've already posted elsewhere. I have to upload again? Certainly not.

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Hey all, to post pictures:

============================================================
Update: We have increased security on our web server. Some images may be showing a broken link. If you run into this issue, edit your post and see if there is anything appended to the end of your image like "?1" or anything else. If there is, the file will be rejected by the server and will not display. To fix this, simply strip the appended characters off the end. Using method number 2 below will avoid this issue entirely.

If you want to upload a picture from your computer or phone (RECOMMENDED):
  1. Write a post per normal.
  2. At the bottom, use the "Upload a File" button. The picture cannot be too big, but we allow fairly large photos.
  3. After the image is uploaded, you will see the thumbnail.
  4. If you want to embed it in your post, choose, "Full Image" and it will embed at the cursor.

If you are hosting the image at some URL (NOT RECOMMENDED):
  1. Simply use the picture icon and add the url. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! External URLS are not treated nicely by our internet security, and frequently get broken. Overland Bound has invested in powerful servers with lots of storage so we can host your images.
That's it!

View attachment 1511
Ok, good to know as I am new to the posting photos of my adventures. Not new to adventures.

Attachments

Jeff T

Rank I

Traveler I

Cerritos, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Tend
Member #

I guess this is good place to test to see if I am doing it right. Some beautiful scenery out in the Coconino National Forest.

IMG_3718.jpg

Reactions: Michael

Dean Cline

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Krugerville, TX
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Hey all, to post pictures:

Update: We have increased security on our web server. Some images may be showing a broken link. If you run into this issue, edit your post and see if there is anything appended to the end of your image like "?1" or anything else. If there is, the file will be rejected by the server and will not display. To fix this, simply strip the appended characters off the end. Using method number 2 below will avoid this issue entirely.

If you want to upload a picture from your computer or phone (RECOMMENDED):
  1. Write a post per normal.
  2. At the bottom, use the "Upload a File" button. The picture cannot be too big, but we allow fairly large photos.
  3. After the image is uploaded, you will see the thumbnail.
  4. If you want to embed it in your post, choose, "Full Image" and it will embed at the cursor.

If you are hosting the image at some URL (NOT RECOMMENDED):
  1. Simply use the picture icon and add the url. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! External URLS are not treated nicely by our internet security, and frequently get broken. Overland Bound has invested in powerful servers with lots of storage so we can host your images.
That's it!

View attachment 1511
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.