Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Mine is pretty basic unless I'm out for 3+ days. Usually I setup right off the tailgate table I built, or if want to stretch out a bit more I have a fold-out table, grill, & little water brick with a handy faucet that all stash up in a box up top. Using lots of old hiking gear, but hoping to improve the setup this coming year. No shortage of ideas on here!

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Mine is pretty basic unless I'm out for 3+ days. Usually I setup right off the tailgate table I built, or if want to stretch out a bit more I have a fold-out table, grill, & little water brick with a handy faucet that all stash up in a box up top. Using lots of old hiking gear, but hoping to improve the setup this coming year. No shortage of ideas on here!

Awesome set up!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

What brand table is that between the folding chairs?
It's just a small fold-flat aluminum table I got at Walmart, though I haven't seen them there lately when I went to get another one. I have a plastic one that folds almost the same way that is a tad smaller. You can see it at the right end of the counter.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

It's just a small fold-flat aluminum table I got at Walmart, though I haven't seen them there lately when I went to get another one. I have a plastic one that folds almost the same way that is a tad smaller. You can see it at the right end of the counter.
Road - That's the exact table that I bought 3 of and cut up to make the table for my trailer as shown in post #83 of this thread. They're good little tables … strong, light and compact when folded up.

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

Do you have a write up on how you modified the waterbrick? I have a couple of those and I hate how you only get half of the water out of them.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Do you have a write up on how you modified the waterbrick? I have a couple of those and I hate how you only get half of the water out of them.
I do not & that is exactly what I thought when I first put my hands on one!

All I did was run to the local hardware store to pick up a small pex-hose valve, a bulkhead nut to match, & a handful of rubber washers to try. I drilled the initial hole undersized so I could carefully open the hole up to the perfect size with a razor blade. It's a bit fiddly to get the nut & washer threaded on the other side, but thankfully the water brick opening is sorta large. Oh & try & resist the urge to crank the nut down real tight, just a snug fit is plenty to seal it.

Reactions: GRIMGPR

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

I do not & that is exactly what I thought when I first put my hands on one!

All I did was run to the local hardware store to pick up a small pex-hose valve, a bulkhead nut to match, & a handful of rubber washers to try. I drilled the initial hole undersized so I could carefully open the hole up to the perfect size with a razor blade. It's a bit fiddly to get the nut & washer threaded on the other side, but thankfully the water brick opening is sorta large. Oh & try & resist the urge to crank the nut down real tight, just a snug fit is plenty to seal it.
Thanks, I'm going to look into doing this.