Post-Harvey: (South) Texas Roll Call

• HTML tutorial

SilveradoTX

Rank IV

Advocate II

Just wanting to check in on my fellow Texans and see how people are doing.

I've been in contact with my family and friends between Houston and Corpus. They are all doing well, and mostly in good spirits. My friends in Corpus are beginning the cleanup process, and my family and friends in Houston are thankfully sitting safe and dry.

Anyway, for the OB family in South Texas, please check-in if/when you can. I may not know everyone, but I still want to make sure you're safe and well.

Also, if you need/have to stay in the Dallas area for a little while, feel free to message me if you need a hand with something. I'm located about 45-minutes northeast of Dallas. We've got space to park some rigs and put up tents if needed.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Great thread!
I'm in Arlington, so no issues here. I have family that lives in SW Houston near Meyerland that got 2 ft of water in the house.
Luckily they had a 2nd floor and were able to help out the neighbors.
The water receded Sunday and somehow they got ahold of their contractor and he was showing up with his crew the next day to begin the repair process for them.
They are in good spirits, considering.

That being said, there have been groups from Texas and DFW Overland that have gone out of their way to do water rescues, hauling supplies south and volunteering at shelters.
Hats off to those heros!

Reactions: DaizyTX and revamp

skully

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JNM
I know I'm dropping in late on this but I live in Aransas Pass. Pretty much ground zero between us and Rockport. Thankfully our house did okay. I work for the city so I've been pretty busy since the storm. The news media didn't do a great job of showing all the damage here. Our town is rebuilding and will come back stronger than before the storm. If anyone is interested I'll try to put together a photo gallery of some pictures I took of the damage and link to it from here. We are just now getting to resume our normal-ish life.

2011 JKU named "Klack"
Smittybilt XRC front and back
9500 lb synthetic
Overlander RTT
KMS Congo Pro
sagging 2" budget boost
33" KO2s
CB and HAM

Reactions: AAV