Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Here are a couple more pictures, some even not Land Rover -centric for you Jeep types. Paul Bunyon 4 02-2020 resized.jpg

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Here are a couple more pictures, some even not Land Rover -centric for you Jeep types. View attachment 142868
Enough on those Jeeps... every one drives Jeeps... how about that dodge there in the back.

Seriously though, this was a great time. It was well worth the drive for my family and I. Some of you already knew each other from past events, and others it was the first time being at an OB Meet and Greet. I really hope this turns into a monthly gig with trail rides and group camping.
Seeing all the smiles and hearing all of the exiting chatter made this a very nice get together.
Thank you @Buzzard13 for outing this together.

Haust

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
D
Last Name
W
Member #

Those are great! Thank you, Kris. Hey, you have a spare 8274 laying around collecting dust? :laughing:

Michael, my son was all about the Dodge. He's a truck fanatic and he probably took 20 pictures of it. :sunglasses: A cool rig, to be sure.

As far as future ideas, I would love to see some trails I don't know about, with lunch or dinner at the halfway point. There are a lot more in ID than WA and I don't know but more than 1 or 2, at best.

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

What a Roller Coaster from one month ago!

I apologize for the lateness. With the current World Events unfolding I do not see us meeting at the end of the month for food cooked by someone else and possibly over priced. SO if you folks still want to get together at the end of the month we can plan on a Potluck at Corbin Park in Post Falls.

The weather for the next week indicates a storm rolling in, so I am offering a choice. Wed April 01st at Noon OR Sat April 04th at 4:30pm.

I would like discussion on how this should go because there are many uncertainties and this is for the OB community and the Community should be able to voice opinions.

Thank you, Stay Safe, and Have an Adventure.

Austin

20200301_052328.jpg

Reactions: PapaDave and M Rose

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Looking forward to another meet!

I grew up going to Car Shows.
And I will continue going to Car Shows.

I enjoyed our last meet. Yet I did not envision a meeting. I did not and will not be planning a lesson for our meets.

Every Meet, Cruise, and Car Show I have gone to did not have a "lesson" time. Education is great and important, I am all for learning and sharing ideas.

All I wanted was a meet; a cruise in. A bunch of like minded folks getting together, talking about cars, eating food and enjoying each other's company.

I'll plan the meets. You can plan the educational hour. I just wanna chill.

4x4Buzzard

Attachments

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I agree, all the groups I have been in in the past leave any kind of education to tech days. The meetups are purely personal. Now if we do decide to start doing tech days, I would be more than happy to head up some relating vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey guys

I know this is an old thread but I’m reviving it as I’m looking to begin organizing monthly meet ups in the CDA/Post Falls area. I have led meet ups for the past 3 years down south (in another large state I won’t name…that’s along the ocean) and have really enjoyed the people and places we can go together. My work moved me to CDA recently and basically I know no one here (Just met @Arrow overland). But I’ve found people who like to adventure are my favorite kind of people.

I’m thinking the second Sunday of the month, 1-3pm so it’s after church and people can grab lunch and yet still have the rest of your day afterwards. What has worked really well was doing an hour of food and meeting then an hour of kicking tires. I’ve been to meet ups in lots, which I like, but I also like planning trips and getting out together to use the gear we’ve got. So a combo of both meeting and meet up.

I know this thread has been quiet for some time but if I’ve missed another thread that’s more current please let me know. I certainly don’t want to step on any toes but I also want to get out and see some amazing sights!

I’ve included a link to my previous meet up, our aim was a trip a month, and sometimes we did trainings but certainly discussed different themes and such month. Post #2 is an example of the year.

Let me know what you know and if you’d be interested in meeting up!

Dave aka PapaDave
CC45054F-4800-42F5-B2C9-C637BC423DB4.jpegC83396D3-B489-4133-8BA6-893C47F8A10A.jpeg6755A3F8-AAA4-44CE-83F4-F5FAB16F112F.jpeg4A674AAE-11FF-430F-BB98-8816C5F7C6B0.jpeg73E5880F-3174-4A25-8F71-67EB912D9367.jpegECD17A82-D38A-4D0F-ADA3-DB97C30F9736.jpeg9F2A0F36-E3E1-4FF1-BF8B-7596629169FC.jpeg
@Kent R
@Michael

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey guys

I know this is an old thread but I’m reviving it as I’m looking to begin organizing monthly meet ups in the CDA/Post Falls area. I have led meet ups for the past 3 years down south (in another large state I won’t name…that’s along the ocean) and have really enjoyed the people and places we can go together. My work moved me to CDA recently and basically I know no one here (Just met @Arrow overland). But I’ve found people who like to adventure are my favorite kind of people.

I’m thinking the second Sunday of the month, so it’s after church and people can grab lunch and yet still have the rest of your day afterwards. What has worked really well was doing an hour of food and meeting then an hour of kicking tires. I’ve been to meet ups in lots, which I like, but I also like planning trips and getting out together to use the gear we’ve got.

I know this thread has been quiet for some time but if I’ve missed another thread that’s more current please let me know. I certainly don’t want to step on any toes but I also want to get out and see some amazing sights!

I’ve included a link to my previous meet up, our aim was a trip a month, and sometimes we did trainings but certainly discussed different themes and such month. Post #2 is an example of the year.

Let me know what you know and if you’d be interested in meeting up!

Dave aka PapaDave
View attachment 246622View attachment 246621View attachment 246618View attachment 246617View attachment 246616View attachment 246619View attachment 246620
I would love to see this take off again Dave… the last one held was back in 2020 just before the pandemic.

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
I'm in. I would like to get back to in person meet ups. And welcome to the area.
Kris

Reactions: PapaDave