• HTML tutorial

Mike Costa

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fairfax, VA
Member #

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a Doc I put together to assist those with planning a trip to Portsmouth Island, NC when doing my search I found so many different resources and information in so many different places and wanted a more centralized place/doc to reference and use. I figure I'd share it with you great people, if you have any suggestions edits info please let me know I will update and change the doc as necessary while trying to keep the most up to date doc on here as possible while this evolves and takes its final shapes. I'd say 90% of this information is also transferable to Cape Lookout as well but if you guys would like to see a doc specific to Cape lookout I would be more than happy to accommodate the request!

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a Doc I put together to assist those with planning a trip to Portsmouth Island, NC when doing my search I found so many different resources and information in so many different places and wanted a more centralized place/doc to reference and use. I figure I'd share it with you great people, if you have any suggestions edits info please let me know I will update and change the doc as necessary while trying to keep the most up to date doc on here as possible while this evolves and takes its final shapes. I'd say 90% of this information is also transferable to Cape Lookout as well but if you guys would like to see a doc specific to Cape lookout I would be more than happy to accommodate the request!
Looks like a neat place .... how long was your drive down from Fairfax, VA?

Pug Loaf

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mike, what do you think about pulling a small overland style trailer on Portsmouth Island? I've read that the sand is really hard to get through near the ferry dock. Any thoughts?

Mike Costa

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fairfax, VA
Member #

Mike, what do you think about pulling a small overland style trailer on Portsmouth Island? I've read that the sand is really hard to get through near the ferry dock. Any thoughts?
Air down and you’ll be fine I wouldn’t worry about that at all!

Pug Loaf

Rank 0

Contributor I

Air down and you’ll be fine I wouldn’t worry about that at all!
Alright, thanks. I'll also have some traction boards. I've been calling Morris Marina for about 2 weeks now to try to make a reservation (and emailed them) and they have not answered the phone yet. I called the park and talked to the lead park ranger, and they didn't know what was going on, but other people have been complaining about same thing. Just throwing this out there so other people know to expect this issue too.

dg333

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Stv
Last Name
DMg
Member #

was gonna do cape look out, might change my mind!

steve