Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

I'm starting to simplify. I have a number of stoves including the dual burner Coleman (dual fuel). I've settled on the following to keep things simple and to limit all the crap I carry:

• Weber Q2200 (love the fold out platforms on each side). This is used for grilling meats, cooking pizzas, baking potatoes and a lot more.
  • Gas ONE GS-3900P stove Far superior to the dual burner Coleman because it doesn't have sides to grease up when frying bacon . . . which is a staple for our camp menu. Can take any size pan or pot. Great flame control. Might consider addiing a second one if we ever need it.
Instead of adding "stuff", I'm no focused on cutting "stuff" from our loadout. Trying to save space and weight. If I take it, I better need it.
Agreed! I have been getting rid of as much "stuff" as possible. Less clutter, less weight. If I don't use it over the span of 2 trips, it gets removed from the kit. Of course, this changes somewhat seasonally. Really like everything to have multiple uses. Replacing old gear with smaller & lighter when the old wears out.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
My wife and I prefer cooking on electric griddle. If you like grilled food like me it is a good choice. Now I’m waiting for new Cuisinart GR-150 . I know that is hard to choose among many brands… This review was the last one that I’ve read 8 Best Electric Griddles Reviewed in Detail (Oct. 2019) and then I was done with selecting Cuisinart.
i like that idea. should be quick, easy, and versatile and you can use it inside in bad weather. i have a tear drop with slide out galley with dual burner LP stove accessible from outside only and if weather is bad, its a no-go. if i happen to be at a camp site with electricity, that elec grill would be pretty nice to have.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

We have enjoyed the Coleman Road trip grill and it folds up easy to stow

1572224770422.png