Portable 12v inflator recommendations?

• HTML tutorial

Nooga_Rock

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I'm wanting to make a trip to the North Carolina outer banks. I'll need to air down when driving on the sand. I'm looking into getting a portable 12v inflator. It looks like there are a ton of them on amazon in the 30-40$ range. Do you guys have any recommendations?

cdunn334

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

fairfax va.
Member #

I just bought a viair , check those out. The chat on the viair website we're super helpful. Tell them what you have and they make suggestions.

S

SubeeBen

Do yourself a favor if is within you price range & dont buy the cheapest one. I have been through many cheap ones & they have all burnt up I.e. interior seals or have over heated & just plain died. Smittybilt has a couple good ones & there’s a company in Santa Ana Ca. Called tuff stuff that makes a good on also both are between $60 to $80 or so. Just my 2 cents ✌

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

killallninjas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, GA
Member #

I'm wanting to make a trip to the North Carolina outer banks. I'll need to air down when driving on the sand. I'm looking into getting a portable 12v inflator. It looks like there are a ton of them on amazon in the 30-40$ range. Do you guys have any recommendations?
I'm happy with my Viair 88P. I think it's about as low as I would personally go in the performance department. Just FYI, I did the Outer Banks last year, and it was fantastic. The ferry dock I used had a free air station that was much faster than my pump. It's always good to have a compressor, though.

Reactions: SAFETYRUNNER

northernXoverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Michigan
Member #

Just got a Hyper Tough inflator from walmart, it was like $20 and is rated @950 ci/m. Haven't tried it out yet but if it works well I'll be sure to let you know :)

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I am super happy with my Puma compressor. A little on the large side wigh its tank, but it helps with initial inflation of the pool floaties that generate most of its use :P (and allows the use of an inpact wrench...).

Unless my baby is born today, I will be finishing up the fixed air system and will do a write-up on it.