Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Could we possibly see the Chevrolet Aztek?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Does Chevy still have a minivan? Because honestly besides the really ugly body, where they really went wrong was using the minivan chassis and drive train.

Reactions: 9Mike2

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
The FT4X seems like a Aztek concept

*ahem*, don't forget Toyota's new niche customer... the "casual-core weekender".
Aww, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Parker75

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, NC
Member #

With the Aztek so cheap right now, it is a pretty desirable vehicle for new people venturing into overlanding.

I can only foresee the value of this vehicle increasing as the demand climbs.

gravitywell

Rank 0

Contributor I

As a new member that drives a current-generation "ugly duckling," I have to admit, my parents had a Pontiac Aztec that I used during college.

Granted, I may just not have known any better, but it was a really comfortable car to drive. It was responsive, held its own in the winter on loose and packed snow, and this may be nostaliga talking but the seats were the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in.

If I didn't already have a Cherokee, I'd seriously consider getting an Aztek and kitting it out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Parker75

3wbdriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesville, Louisiana
Member #

I always thought the Aztec was an excellent idea but poorly executed in production. I long wanted a Gen 1 Honda Element. Those were initially aimed at the younger outdoor set (camping, kayaking, hiking, etc). Where they lost me was in not making it capable of accepting a small 1 or 2" lift, and having some aftermarket add ons like front/rear bumpers, skids, sliders, and a usable roof rack. And in 2010 when they released the Gen 2 you could tell they had basically given up on the original concept. That thing sits lower than most sedans now.

Parker75

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, NC
Member #

Do any OB members utilize the Pontiac Aztek as their primary rig and if so can they give some insight to the versatility of the platform?

Wastelander

Rank II

Contributor III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Draven
Last Name
Deathridge
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
The Aztek off road test.

Glad you like it never thought my Aztek would be shown here lol there is more to that one than you know. like for starters it is the only one of its kind when it comes to the specialized custom made one off rims that were used in the 2001 olympics, we call it Snowmaggedon and no it has never gotten stuck

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
I know we are not supposed to be against any vehicle on this forum. "Its not what you drive" BUT, I draw the line at the Aztec. I don't care. Ugliest hunk of garbage and deserves no respect, and no way will I EVER apologize for any derision directed toward it from me.
Hey man, that was Walter White's car!

Wastelander

Rank II

Contributor III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Draven
Last Name
Deathridge
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Do any OB members utilize the Pontiac Aztek as their primary rig and if so can they give some insight to the versatility of the platform?

I use mine a lot and it is quite capable vehicle I use my 2003 more so than my
Hey man, that was Walter White's car!
same could be said about yours but to each their own just don't own one.

Wastelander

Rank II

Contributor III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Draven
Last Name
Deathridge
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I always thought the Aztec was an excellent idea but poorly executed in production. I long wanted a Gen 1 Honda Element. Those were initially aimed at the younger outdoor set (camping, kayaking, hiking, etc). Where they lost me was in not making it capable of accepting a small 1 or 2" lift, and having some aftermarket add ons like front/rear bumpers, skids, sliders, and a usable roof rack. And in 2010 when they released the Gen 2 you could tell they had basically given up on the original concept. That thing sits lower than most sedans now.
Yes it was poorly executed but much like the wrangler it actually has a lot of potential with little kickback. I only have to pay more as well nothing exist for it lol

Wastelander

Rank II

Contributor III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Draven
Last Name
Deathridge
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Does Chevy still have a minivan? Because honestly besides the really ugly body, where they really went wrong was using the minivan chassis and drive train.
Chevy actually doesn't own the Aztek anymore toyota does as they helped build it. you can see a lot of the aztek in the gen 1 and 2 priuses