Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Adler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Adler
Newer to the PNW and looking for a good resource to find overland trails, dispersed camping. Have done a few trips to alpine lakes region north of Roslyn but that’s about it. My rigs ready to roll!

overhaul

Rank I

Contributor III

AB
I saw a website a couple months back that had exactly this. It was a big map with toggles for camping, trails etc. I've been trying to find it again with no luck.

demulsion

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
Like PNW EXPLR I usually just explore and see what I find. A good map or app helps get started, I have a Benchmark Maps WA atlas and Gaia app personally.
And the WA BDR is not just for motorcycles. We just did it with two full size trucks, one pulling a trailer. It is full of amazing views and great camping. You could also just use some of their waypoints as single destination trips.

@overhaul, Outly looks like a good resource too, I’m curious to check it out more.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Like PNW EXPLR I usually just explore and see what I find. A good map or app helps get started, I have a Benchmark Maps WA atlas and Gaia app personally.
And the WA BDR is not just for motorcycles. We just did it with two full size trucks, one pulling a trailer. It is full of amazing views and great camping. You could also just use some of their waypoints as single destination trips.

@overhaul, Outly looks like a good resource too, I’m curious to check it out more.
I would like to hear more about your BDR trip. Did you document it somewhere? What challenges did you face.? I also run a full-size so that has been my biggest concern, and I don't have a winch yet.

HurricanePDX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

PDX
Member #

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Reactions: HurricanePDX

demulsion

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
I’m still trying to sort through pictures and such from the trip, so haven’t posted a report yet. We apparently went just late enough in the spring to miss all the snow, mud, and downed trees. So for us it was actually quite an easy trip, with no real challenges to speak of. It’s all gravel/dirt road, not hard wheeling. I did all but the first day in 2wd (with an open diff too...) after breaking u-joints in my front driveline exploring a spur trail. I only had to have two quick tugs with a snatch rope.
You’ll get some pinstripes on a full size, but once the roads are dry you won’t have to worry about getting stuck.

Coach Reese

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cottage Grove, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
User.ramblr.com/nwoverlandquest

All routes are in Oregon. We haven't done anything in Washington yet. We drive them ourselves and then share them for others to use.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
User.ramblr.com/nwoverlandquest

All routes are in Oregon. We haven't done anything in Washington yet. We drive them ourselves and then share them for others to use.
There's a lot of routs there! Thanks, this is really helpful.