PNW trips

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Adlerk00

Rank I

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Adler
Member #

Ham Callsign
Adler
Newer to the PNW and looking for a good resource to find overland trails, dispersed camping. Have done a few trips to alpine lakes region north of Roslyn but that’s about it. My rigs ready to roll!

overhaul

Rank 0

Traveler I

AB
I saw a website a couple months back that had exactly this. It was a big map with toggles for camping, trails etc. I've been trying to find it again with no luck.

demulsion

Rank I

Traveler I

PNW
Like PNW EXPLR I usually just explore and see what I find. A good map or app helps get started, I have a Benchmark Maps WA atlas and Gaia app personally.
And the WA BDR is not just for motorcycles. We just did it with two full size trucks, one pulling a trailer. It is full of amazing views and great camping. You could also just use some of their waypoints as single destination trips.

@overhaul, Outly looks like a good resource too, I’m curious to check it out more.

PNW EXPLR

Rank VI
Supporter +

Member III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Like PNW EXPLR I usually just explore and see what I find. A good map or app helps get started, I have a Benchmark Maps WA atlas and Gaia app personally.
And the WA BDR is not just for motorcycles. We just did it with two full size trucks, one pulling a trailer. It is full of amazing views and great camping. You could also just use some of their waypoints as single destination trips.

@overhaul, Outly looks like a good resource too, I’m curious to check it out more.
I would like to hear more about your BDR trip. Did you document it somewhere? What challenges did you face.? I also run a full-size so that has been my biggest concern, and I don't have a winch yet.

HurricanePDX

Rank 0

Contributor I

PDX
Member #

PNW EXPLR

Rank VI
Supporter +

Member III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael