First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi all!

It's exciting to see the forums gaining traction (pun intended), and I want to make it as useful as possible. Doing a little research I see a lot of forums with many, many, main topics and I'm not sure that is the way we want to go here, but I think 3 is probably too few.

It would be great to hear what YOU want, so this forum can be set up to be useful for the community!

I'm tagging as many posts as possible using the "topic tags" field to make the forums searchable and useful. I'd love to hear any suggestions or topics you'd like to see.

Thanks again!

Michael

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Michael,

What I would like to see is actually the same as your thoughts. No massive tree of main topics and sub topics.

So, I would think about these  main topics.

[*]General discussions.

Members rides presentation
[*]Overland Equipment (Car mods, winches etc)
[*]"Technical stuff" (like camera's, and other non Overland equipment, but used during travel)

[*]Travel corner

Route info
[*]Travel stories written with pictures
[*]Travel video's just video's
[*]Overland Kitchen Recepies and the used (for that recepy) special tool.

[*]Overland Bound items (questions and support)

Well, that is it I think. No bullshit like the bar or such. We are here to talk Overland, no how funny this vid on youtube is. Or such.

Greetings from Robert

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Hi Michael.  some ideas...

... Classifieds Forum....For Sale and trade of Overland/Expedition, Misc

...Rigs in action videos forum

....Gear reviews forum

....Rigs Tech forum ( advice/How to on troubleshot/repairs)

....Also an Rules and Guidelines For all OB members and Guest

Thanks Michael for a very Useful and friendly Overland website  :-0

Frisly

PunkRockPoppa

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Banning, CA.
Member #

I would like to see something that let's members see where everyone is from, this would help local people meet up and explore/ help build a closer bond between members.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6524 said:
I would like to see something that let’s members see where everyone is from, this would help local people meet up and explore/ help build a closer bond between members.
I really like this suggestion:

I put up a new test page for you guys to try out. It is not public yet. If you add your location in your member profile under "location" you will appear on this map. Let me know what you think!

http://overlandbound.com/member-locations/

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

6524 said:
I would like to see something that let’s members see where everyone is from, this would help local people meet up and explore/ help build a closer bond between members.
6460 said:
Hi Michael. some ideas… … Classifieds Forum….For Sale and trade of Overland/Expedition, Misc …Rigs in action videos forum ….Gear reviews forum ….Rigs Tech forum ( advice/How to on troubleshot/repairs) ….Also an Rules and Guidelines For all OB members and Guest Thanks Michael for a very Useful and friendly Overland website :-0 Frisly
This sounds good!

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Just a thought.. I am a fan of a site called "bring a trailer.com" basicly they sift through classifieds for interesting auto's especially classics and save you time of looking through, for example 40 range rovers to find a disco II LC. We could try something similar, post if and when you see a good rig for sale.... Would need to date or clear them so as not to have allot of old submissions but I am sure Michael could come up with a system if it's worth trying. Maybe just a sub thread of the suggested "overland classifieds" that I think Frisly had mentioned.

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Speaking of "bring a trailer.com" 3 or 4 nice rigs on there today, just click truck/4x4 in options. Love the Toyota Prado and the Nissan diesel.

thospb

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hopkinton, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Blamey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7PGN
How about an Introduction Forum for new members?

Forgive me if it exists, I could not locate such a thing. First off, thank you for creating this group. While I live in the Sierra Foothills, work gets in the way of life so I don't get out as often as I would like. I gotta get my priorities straightened out.

E

expeditionnorth

since we all adore overlanding in one form or another, maybe more of that

& if I may suggest some categories to help better organize things here if possible w/o sounding harsh

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

We also need a Forum or Thread for Overland Adventures/ Trips.  Past and in Progress ( with real time updates). That will be great if someone could give feedback  from an ongoing Trip!

Frisly

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is all great feedback! Thank you. I'm working on the tech part of migrating threads, but will have new categories within the next couple days, after that, we'll continue to modifiy and improve!

Thanks!

M

Oldmancrash

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi Michael, I have been a lurker for a while and one of the things I like on other forums is a DIY section. I like trying to build my own equipment then give up in complete frustration and go buy it. But DIY's give me ideas. Also I like the New Members area.

Maurice

ErikVonSkis

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi there, how about a forum for posting future Overland  Expeditions that members will be going on in a given area of the country.  So maybe, small groups can get together, if time and skills permit.  Nice to see pics, better to be in them with others.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Bigfoot sittings. Ha ha totally messing around. Thank you for all that you & Corey do