Please Share Southeast Downloadable Routes!!

• HTML tutorial

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Cant remember if I put this here or not, but I've been tracing the dirt roads in the Dirt Devil area to minimize travel time on asphalt. Each roadway has its own individual named path that should work in Gaia. Just click on the road path on the screen and the road name should come up. If you import it into Google Earth you should be able to see all the road names in a drop down list too. As of right now there are 73 roads in here. I realize the open roads changes often in this area, and some things may not be passable, but I haven't been trying to keep up with all of that. I just use it to locate roads and then I quit looking at it while I drive. Its a good way to not be stuck on asphalt looking for back roads. It's a .kmz file, but I have been able to import .kmz files to Garmin Basecamp and Gaia without any issues.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Bozz

Guy N.Cognito

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville,TN
Member #

We have had rain and pretty nasty weather for a while now, so when I woke up this morning to sun and blue skies I was out the door. This is my 60 mile drive on the dirt devil roads today in Bon Aqua, Tn. My first time out there actually. Some of the river crossings got a little deeper than expected. Not sure if its always like that or if it's just because we have had rain lately. I had one crossing that I had to just turn around at. It was a river. I'd say about 20% are paved roads that I took while searching other trails to take. It ended up being a 5 hour adventure, and its basically a loop. Its a really good Sunday drive to say the least!!!
I’m trying to download this, but it is in xml text and can’t be read by Gaia??

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

I’m trying to download this, but it is in xml text and can’t be read by Gaia??
That's strange. That one is a GPX file when I download it. Try the file that I put on here on August 28th. The one where I traced all the roads I could find for the Dirt Devil. That is a KMZ file. I'm downloading it from a PC not my phone though.

Last edited:

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

The Daniel Boone backcountry byway has a facebook site and cartotracks offers a live GPS tracking map for just a few bucks. It is a project by the SFWDA (southern four wheel drive assoc) which deserves our support for keeping off pavement driving alive!

ThatMike057

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martinson
Member #

Attachments

Steven_WDE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grounds
Thanks for starting this thread OP. I'm am looking to dip my toes into overlanding. Anyone have any routes in N. Alabama they would be willing to share? Something pretty low on the technical side, but good for riding around and camping for a couple nights.

TIA.

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Thanks for starting this thread OP. I'm am looking to dip my toes into overlanding. Anyone have any routes in N. Alabama they would be willing to share? Something pretty low on the technical side, but good for riding around and camping for a couple nights.

TIA.
This is a run that I often make when I am in Northeast Alabama. It is near Little River Canyon. It is relatively easy as long as the water level in Little River is low enough to cross. I used Gaia to track it.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

Steven_WDE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grounds
This is a run that I often make when I am in Northeast Alabama. It is near Little River Canyon. It is relatively easy as long as the water level in Little River is low enough to cross. I used Gaia to track it.

GPX viewer
Thanks, @Brutus . I'm over in Cumming, GA, but I have a buddy I'm linking up with out of Mobile in April. We are wanting to get into overlanding. Do you think we will have any trouble with 4x4 Tacoma and Tundra with BFG KO2's?

Reactions: Brutus

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Thanks, @Brutus . I'm over in Cumming, GA, but I have a buddy I'm linking up with out of Mobile in April. We are wanting to get into overlanding. Do you think we will have any trouble with 4x4 Tacoma and Tundra with BFG KO2's?
You shouldn't have any trouble at all. The only thing is the river water level. I would first stop at the Little River Canyon Welcome Center and get a map. You can inquire about the river level there.
What buddy in Mobile? I am also in Mobile.

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Multiple trails in north georgia. on alltrails if you use my member name. Chris K. in Kingston Georgia. Sorry. not tech savvy enough to export the file to attach here.