Please Share Southeast Downloadable Routes!!

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Okay so if we post routes in the main part of this forum they will get lost and we will have to search for them and maybe they will come up and maybe they wont. So maybe we can concentrate them here so we can all download them and upload them to our Gaia and check out routes that might interest us in our area.

Whether short or small, give us a link or share routes here to your favorite spots so we can all add to our bucket lists!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I like this @theBROFESSOR . And hopefully this year we have a map dedicated to overland routes and you can link to the downloads directly on the map!
Thanks Big D (and don't mean Dallas)...I have spent hours on the routes forum and have tried to find each one that is in the Southeast that is close to us but they all get lose in the shuffle (mainly from the California guys lol). Just thought having them in one spot would help us all out. Looks like I need to convince others to do the same though. It is a one man show up to this point. lol. Oh well. Hope it benefits others and draws members to our beautiful state!

Having that map will be huge. Like Tim TeBROw playing college football huge. Can't wait!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I’m not even in the area but I saved them all. Great stuff @theBROFESSOR! Hopefully the map of routes turns into a reality.
Thanks Wawa! I have others just haven't had time to upload them yet. Come on down. Its way too cold up there in PA! haha Would love to show you around. We have some beautiful places here. Not even I have seen them all yet!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks Wawa! I have others just haven't had time to upload them yet. Come on down. Its way too cold up there in PA! haha Would love to show you around. We have some beautiful places here. Not even I have seen them all yet!
You’re right, it hasn’t been that nice here. Worst part is that all it is is cold. It’s snowed on all sides of us and here we are... just cold haha.

I sincerely hope to take you up on that offer to show me around someday. I’ve been compliling all these routes because I’d love to get a chance to see the places all my fellow members enjoy.

Reactions: Road

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

IDFI3410.JPG
Little Bear Lake is so beautiful. It is a hidden gem off of Scenic Hwy 7 in the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas. Just north of Jessieville there is a sign that shows the lake and about a 1 miles dirt road drive to get to the dam to view the lake. There is only 1 access point that goes down to the lake and let me tell you...it is steep. Washouts are horrible and 4WD is required. Around the dam you will find 2 really beautiful scenic lake overlook campsites. So if you are exploring in the Ouachitas and need a nice place to setup base camp this is really a perfect spot. It has easy access to the highway and from there so many trails in the Ouachitas. We will definitely be coming back here to spend some time. The campsites will offer a cool spot to camp with the wind blowing across the water in the summer.

Attachments

Reactions: Eric Neal

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Thank you so much for sharing I know you put a lot of hard work and a lot of time on each track and I appreciate it! My Bride is from Arkansas and we are about to begin making trips back there to Fayetteville from Alabama, this just makes for a better trip there.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Thank you so much for sharing I know you put a lot of hard work and a lot of time on each track and I appreciate it! My Bride is from Arkansas and we are about to begin making trips back there to Fayetteville from Alabama, this just makes for a better trip there.
Glad to share and even more glad that someone will benefit from them. Holler when you are coming through and maybe we can go together!

Reactions: Tim N Michele Davis

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Here is the route and info I posted that we did on our dedicated trash run. It goes down FR83 and then we went down FR96. There is not much scenery or really anything special on 83. But going down 96 was really cool because of the pipeline. I hope to be able to go down that soon. The views are amazing. There is also on here us going to Dry Fork Lake which is a really nice hidden lake and also found a 100+ year old school. Pretty cool trip.

This is posted in the General Discussion in the Members Section.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/dedicated-trash-runs.12299/