Plano 1819 on sale

• HTML tutorial

waexplorer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I bought two green ones at local Walmarts that have lids that come off (no hinge) and you can stand on them, they have the lip all the way around $27. I was looking for two more but the Walmart I was at didn't have the one I already bought. They had different ones that were camo with a hinged lid for $21. The lids didn't have the lip to keep out dust/water. And they were much weaker, can't stand on the lid. I bought two anyway but don't like them as much as the stronger ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver Beast

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I wish I could order a coupe of orange ones from Academy, but they are out of stock, presently. although the red one might be a viable alternative...
Yea that would have been a option also on the orange. But as fast as these Plano boxes go I jumped all over what I can get. Lol. If and when the orange one comes out I'll probably get one as well.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Just paint one with the orange plastic paint. That's what I'm thinking about.
You mean that new KRYLON plastic paint that they came out with. I've never used it before do you think it holds up well? They got one that's called Gloss Pumpkin Safety Orange.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ok sweet good to know. They even have a primer for the plastic that has the same color in. Gloss Pumpkin Orange. I'm pretty sure using both the primer and paint will probably hold up and last longer.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Got home today and both my planos were waiting for me. Now i just need and excuse to strap them on the top of the fjc.

Reactions: Jose

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Just got one in today. Gotta say I'm pretty pleased for 21 bucks. Time to start packing and setting them on the roof rack. Now how to best strap them down?

EOD Tam

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alameda, CA
Member #

Just got one in today. Gotta say I'm pretty pleased for 21 bucks. Time to start packing and setting them on the roof rack. Now how to best strap them down?
What kind of rack are you running? Does it have a lip? I would strap them across over the top from left to right and front of rig to back.

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

Mine arrived today. I was thinking they were going to be olive drab but they are more green than olive.
I'm always looking for ways to build stuff on the cheap and have found a way of building a roof rack.
If you have ever been to Costco or Sam's Club and seen the pallet racking with the mesh shelves. They come in a few different sizes and I have found the shelves for $16 a piece. Now granted the bends at the end are the wrong direction but the crossbars make it super strong but gives unlimited access to tie down points.
I haven't found the basket yet but I'm searching for it.
For me these will work because I am using a lumber rack as my base of overland build.

Last edited:
Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks guys for the info on the 1819 Plano storage boxes. I just ordered 3 of the black boxes. Not a bad price either for $26.99

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Sweet!!! I had the Plano 1819s waiting for me at the front door. Now to get into the habit of organizing the boxes, and put what goes where off the check list that Michael posted up a while ago and tweak it some for a family of four here and there. Lol