Planning a trip to Moab | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Planning a trip to Moab

Discussion in 'General Overland Discussion' started by JeeperJack, Dec 10, 2018.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. JeeperJack

JeeperJack Rank I

Member #:

Map
    A good friend and I are planning a trip to Moab in the spring. We'll be leaving eastern North Carolina probably following I-40 most of the way. I'm new to the group so I have questions. Is there a method setup to a route itinerary so that members can recommend stops along the way (sightseeing, public trails, events) that we might be interested in? Also, stops to see members along the way? We are die hard Jeep guys so Jeep people would be more inclined to be who we'd like to visit. We're always looking for fresh ideas on how to make our Jeeps better. Especially the KISS methods.

2. ovherlander

ovherlander Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Be sure to stop by Matrimony Spring to fill up water bottles. Excellent drinking water right off the road (Hwy 128), from a pipe jutting out of the cliff wall. IMG_6895.JPG

3. Stepsride

Stepsride Rank II

Member #:

Map
    I will be doing the same. We are thinking the first 2 weeks of June. We are driving out from Tampa FL. The whole family. We will be seeing the sites as well but I want to get some of the EPIC Moab trails, Imogene pass, and many of the sties within about 3 hours of MOAB. I just started my planning today.

Any suggestions, websites, etc let me know. I am going into this with a clean slate.

Thank you

Heart of Dixie likes this.
  4. Landshark

Landshark Rank 0

Map
    This sounds like a great trip and have been looking at sites all morning. I hope to get a little mountain biking and 4x4 fun in. Mountain bike project actually had a lot of good information in regards to camping and other non biking information. Hope you ha e a great time.

5. JeeperJack

JeeperJack Rank I

Member #:

Map
    We've not gotten too heavy into the route/sites to visit yet. I'll post as things progress. If our timeline crosses maybe we can meet up somewhere on the route. We'll be running on or near I-40.

6. JeeperJack

JeeperJack Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Do you have dates/locations in mind yey?

7. Ocean State Overland

Member #:

Map
    I am heading out to Moab at the end of April, leaving from R.I. 2 vehicles so far!

8. CSG

CSG Rank 0

Map
    I love Moab country but it's become such a damn zoo that I avoid it more often than not these days. Then, I'm not a wheeler or have any interest in running trails so, other than Arches, little there interests me anymore. And talk about a zoo - Arches. Sigh. We're loving our parks to death. Glad I've been to most that interest me multiple times in years past. Now, I look for the lesser known areas and don't post coordinates online when I find something good.

9. Wadz

Wadz Rank 0

Map
    Moab is on my bucket list. Sounds like such a great time.

10. Normal Thomas

Normal Thomas Rank 0

Map
    Here is a website I found that may help with a few trails. Have fun, I'm thinking of heading there shortly as well.