Rank III

Pathfinder III

Utah, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Harvey
Member #

I super agree with Steve on the camera thing. I was a full time professional photographer for 13 years. I shot full frame Nikon and still use it, but switched to Fuji for travel. I’d recommend using your phone until you know why you don’t want to. For me it’s long exposure, night shots, Astro photography and far away stuff. I also use my iPhone ALOT! get out there, shoot, post stuff, and see what you were trying to do. Lots of people will be willing and able to help you see what you could have done better and why it worked or didn’t work.
“What kinda stuff could I draw with a pencil?”

Attachments

dericky94

Rank II
Investor

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Yan
Member #

Attachments

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
Can't argue with the quality of the photography but I'm disappointed that this seems to have turned into a sports car thread.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Can't argue with the quality of the photography but I'm disappointed that this seems to have turned into a sports car thread.
The OP's thoughts were "I thought it would be cool to have thread where we could discuss photography, camera gear, and maybe share some samples of our work."
There are a few other threads to post overlanding, rigs, camps etc. This is just "photography in general"
Zim

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
It looks like the marsh at the Mendota wildlife area we Duck hunt at. We have spent many an hour freezing our butts off there...
Mendota Ranch in Texas? I follow that guy on YT. He flys helicopters and has folks hunt from them too. Cool channel.
Those pics were just outside Crystal River FL.
Zim