Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
So I had to reduce my pics 60% to post here. How are you guys posting and what settings you using.
Thanks
Zim
I export from Adobe Bridge to jpeg at 100% resolution, 40% size for most. The really large ones I've had to go down as far as 25% on the size.

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Wow, guess I'm lucky. I'm shooting RAW and doing light room. I'll have to check where my settings are at.
Thanks Sir.
Zim
Probably should have mentioned I shoot exclusively in RAW. I don't use Lightroom anymore since I dropped the Adobe subscription model and bought a non-subscription Photoshop Elements. That gives me access to the most recent Adobe Camera RAW and Bridge is still free to download and use. If I absolutely must have a feature of Photoshop that isn't included in the Elements version, I go to Gimp instead. I found that most photo editing I was doing in Photoshop (full feature) was actually done in Camera RAW, which includes stitching.

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
I used a the Google Pixel 4a 5g's Astrophotography mode to take these pictures in Moab, Utah.
I like the effect a lot! Is your string of lights 12v DC or 110 AC through an inverter? Would it be possible to dial down their intensity a tad to reduce the blown out spots? I will definitely be trying variations of this photo -- very nice!

frosty_t4r

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cogburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WROT556
I used a the Google Pixel 4a 5g's Astrophotography mode to take these pictures in Moab, Utah.
I like the effect a lot! Is your string of lights 12v DC or 110 AC through an inverter? Would it be possible to dial down their intensity a tad to reduce the blown out spots? I will definitely be trying variations of this photo -- very nice!
They are just USB string lights from Target. I definitely would've liked to mess around with the lighting a bit more but I didn't have my tripod and my phone takes about 3 minutes to take those pictures haha. Thank you for the input though it's always greatly appreciated!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Probably should have mentioned I shoot exclusively in RAW. I don't use Lightroom anymore since I dropped the Adobe subscription model and bought a non-subscription Photoshop Elements. That gives me access to the most recent Adobe Camera RAW and Bridge is still free to download and use. If I absolutely must have a feature of Photoshop that isn't included in the Elements version, I go to Gimp instead. I found that most photo editing I was doing in Photoshop (full feature) was actually done in Camera RAW, which includes stitching.
Thank you for that. I'm on a little learning curve with the upload of pics and the size restrictions. So much to learn and I'm in a damn hurry...ahahahahaha
Zim

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

They are just USB string lights from Target. I definitely would've liked to mess around with the lighting a bit more but I didn't have my tripod and my phone takes about 3 minutes to take those pictures haha. Thank you for the input though it's always greatly appreciated!
If you are w/o your tripod and taking pics at night, Ball up a jacket and rest your phone/camera in the jacket. then set it's timer to take the picture so you don't shake it while touching the trigger.
Here is an example of a 30 second exposure taken this way with my Nikon D700:

DSC_9143.jpg

And another one of about 4 seconds from my trip to the UK/Ireland:
DSC_2325.NEF.jpg
Boort

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Say, Boort, those are very nice photos - lots of detail!

Reactions: Boort

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Have dove into photography past two months and am hooked. Have a Sony a7c and a 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f2.8 for it. Can’t wait to keep capturing. I never realized how much photography could make you just stop and look around. Go slower. Look for light. It’s addicting. Some of my favorite shots so far…
D911350F-C463-4C30-AC56-DCECF0B5CF6C.jpeg8AE53BDE-916A-4C98-BD9D-2DF72FAE62FA.jpeg
381F3665-ED53-4504-BEA9-1B79736C7A3E.jpegD4243FCC-4260-4163-A177-9F798E2213D0.jpeg5EB51462-DFD1-4113-AC56-59BD513019CD.jpeg

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Have dove into photography past two months and am hooked. Have a Sony a7c and a 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f2.8 for it. Can’t wait to keep capturing. I never realized how much photography could make you just stop and look around. Go slower. Look for light. It’s addicting. Some of my favorite shots so far…
That first photo (backlit trees in bands) is spectacular, photography contest material! Very, very nice! The one of the youngster with the pumpkin is also nice - it's a portrait worth keeping. Also a fan of the raindrops on the Toyota... Anyway, very nice stuff -- keep shooting by all means!

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Is that mist on the water? A very nice effect indeed with the tree reflecting through it.