First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
The giant lying down! Can you see it? ;-) View attachment 96482
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not have a photo.......but.......On the east side of the Las Vegas valley(Nevada), we have SUNRISE MOUNTAIN. Growing up it was nick named MUMMY MOUNTAIN. Us old timer valley residents would probably recognize the term. I The have not heard the name spoken in years. Looking East, it is even more pronounced than the photo here. We have a head, (near Nellis AFB), a torso, and the feet .

This photo reminds me of a statue laying on it's back on Easter Island. I really like this thread's diverse pictures from many places in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gustavo Amaral

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I love aviation... great pictures...
OH yah....sweet. got to love those 3 generation photo's, flying together. That Ford Tri-Motor looks' like the one that was in Vegas, ferrying tourists. I believe it was called SCENIC AIRLINES. It flew for years. The rainbow paint scheme on the side looks like their emblem also.

PS.
Gotta Love that F-86 sabre also. So sleek when compared to the F-80 shooting star?

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr

the_lazy_overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Redmile
Member #

Reactions: 64Trvlr

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
That Tri-motor, now that is nice
I shot that on it's 80th birthday, I spent the day shooting and flying in it and got about a 1/2 hour in the right seat flying it. It takes off at 85, cruises at 85 and lands at 85, we were at Valle Airport 30 miles south of the Grand Canyon.

968718-R1-21-23A.jpg

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not have a photo.......but.......On the east side of the Las Vegas valley(Nevada), we have SUNRISE MOUNTAIN. Growing up it was nick named MUMMY MOUNTAIN. Us old timer valley residents would probably recognize the term. I The have not heard the name spoken in years. Looking East, it is even more pronounced than the photo here. We have a head, a torso, and the feet (near Nellis AFB).

This photo reminds me of a statue laying on it's back on Easter Island. I really like this thread's diverse pictures from many places in the world.
Cool! I would like to see a photo of this place that you said. I agree, my pic seems like a Moai a laying on its back on Rapa Nui island.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Cool! I would like to see a photo of this place that you said. I agree, my pic seems like a Moai a laying on its back on Rapa Nui island.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response to my post #663 and Gustavo Amaral's post #670
1597443914124.png Not the best, but you get the idea.1597444067763.png
This is a sunrise picture, looking East in the valley.

Last edited:

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

A few pictures I've taken, I currently use a Canon 7D with a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 lens, a Sony RX100 M1 and a Sony HX-90V compact camera, I've also taken pictures of people.

02.JPG

16.jpg

25.JPG

35.JPG

48.JPG

147.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

Last edited:

Contributor III

Nepal
First Name
Christophe
Last Name
Noel
I shoot a lot of different stuff from editorial content to commercial promotional images. I do way more product photography than I like to, but it pays the most bills. My preference is travel and travel portraiture. Also editorial imagery as I enjoy the challenge of visual story telling with a wide variety of images for one project.

Magar people, Nepal, Gandaki Province, Glumi District, Himalayas.
Fuji X-H1 35mm 1.2 (These are fun images to snag. If I can get these subjects to stand or sit in a doorway, I can
use the darkened room behind as a contrasted backdrop. I also pause for an eternity. It's sometimes funny, other times
I lose the shot. The long pause often relaxes the subjects face, usually as they're thinking, "why the hell is he taking so long?" :)
noel_july20-28.jpg

Dhaulagiri (left) 26,578 feet, 7th tallest mountain in the world. Lukuche Peak (right) 21,766 feet.
Gandkaki Province, Former Kingdom of Lo, Himalayas, Nepal

noel_july20-19.jpg

Thakali people, Rukum District, Himalayas, Nepal. This very remote village had never seen a white visitor
before I arrived. The village had not changed in 300 years. We also photographed snow leopards in this
area. Fuji XT2, 35mm 1.2

This is a 50mm equiv lens, so the perspective you see is "normal" meaning my lens is right on his nose. It takes
good buy-in from the subject to get these images. Every muscle in the face makes or breaks the shot. I intentionally
shot on high continuous mode for two reasons. To catch just the right point when his eyes squinted, but also to use
the subtle noise of the shutter, and visible action of the aperture to get his attention. The minute he heard the noise and saw the action inside the lens, he squinted, and that's what I wanted. Those eye lines give his face texture. The shot in the sequence I used here, is just as his eyes relaxed slightly. I think I shot this at 6 frames per second. Yes, sometimes even
9fps is perfect for static portraits.
noel_july20-22.jpg

This is Baba Remdev Baji, Kathmandu, Nepal, Swayambou Temple
Fuji XH1, 85mm 1.4
Nepal_Dream_Noel-17.jpg

Last edited:

Contributor III

Nepal
First Name
Christophe
Last Name
Noel
A few more fun ones..

Cerro Torre Peak, Patagonia, Chile, shot over the Southern Ice fields from a Cessna 206. Canon EOS 5D MkIII, 24-70 2.8.
Noel_CerroTorre_Daniel_Paula_1.jpg

Cordillera Blanca, Andes, Peru, 16,600 feet. Fuji XT-1 50-140 2.8
This is a great example of a very average shot in every regard, but I dig it. Without the rope it's
just a dude and a horse.
Noel_PromPeru_47.jpg

Tibet. Fuji X-H1, 35mm 1.4
Noel_22_Shangrila.jpg

This is the last known image of the Raute Nomads of the Nepalese Himalayas. This 900 year old culture once counted in the thousands. We found them in early 2019 not far from the western border of Nepal near India in the remote Karnali Province. There were only 67 people remaining in the tribe. Very few westerners have ever seen or interacted with the Raute as they are known to defend their camps. Outsiders are taboo and offend the forest spirits that look over the tribe. This woman, Chadipaju, was the chief's daughter.

In the fall of 2019 we learned the last 67 people had disbanded, thus ending the reign of the culture that had existed for 900 years, and no one knows where they came from. This shot taken with a Fuji XH-1, 50-140mm 2.8.

We have an expedition planned to try to locate them again in 2021 if anyone cares to join me.
rautequeen.jpg

Last edited:

Contributor III

Nepal
First Name
Christophe
Last Name
Noel
I shoot trucks and motos as well.

One of our two Defenders in the remote village of Jhong, former Kingdom of Lo on the Nepal/Tibet border.
Fuji XH1, 50-140mm 2.8
Noel_17_3_jhong.jpg

Our Defender, "Ganesh," in front of the ruins of Rani Majal Palace on the Kali Gandaki River,
Former Kingdom of Palpa, Nepal. Fuji XH1, 50-140mm 2.8
Noel_5_Sivalik_hills.jpg