Contributor I

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Caracol
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2WRX
You need to add a copy right icon to your photo's for legal artist rights.That photo you posted just now,you should either sell it to magazines or lease it out..that a great shot,did you do any lightroom to it?
You mentioned that you live in the city, l would do some city architectural, city photos of people,night photgraphy,maybe some timelapse of the buildings with the stars flying by in the sky shots.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

You mentioned that you live in the city, l would do some city architectural, city photos of people,night photgraphy,maybe some timelapse of the buildings with the stars flying by in the sky shots.
That stuff doesn't really interest me, to be honest. Plus, I tried it but I just couldn't get an eye for architectural or street photography. They never turned out as good as the ones I would see online. I find nature to be a much easier and more enjoyable subject to shoot assuming I get the lighting right.

Reactions: 1airbourne

1airbourne

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Caracol
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W2WRX
That stuff doesn't really interest me, to be honest. Plus, I tried it but I just couldn't get an eye for architectural or street photography. They never turned out as good as the ones I would see online. I find nature to be a much easier and more enjoyable subject to shoot assuming I get the lighting right.
Right on....for me,l shoot all phases except for weddings,unless it's my grand kids or family .....got burned out from it....l like sports,wildlife,macro,commercial some times when needed .Yes lighting has to be right on for landscaping,but when that time of hour comes,it's a keeper shots...

Reactions: Brett L.

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

These are just from my phone up at lytle creek ca. I have some off my camera I will post soon new to taking pictures but me and the wife really wanna start getting into photography while we’re out exploring

Attachments

the_lazy_overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Merredin, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Redmile
Member #

I thought it would be cool to have thread where we could discuss photography, camera gear, and maybe share some samples of our work. I'm totally an amateur, but I love learning more about this hobby so feel free to critique any of my "work".

So, to start things off;

What camera are you using?

Mine is a Nikon D5000

I'll post some pictures later...
Been into photography since 1982, current gear is Olympus E-M1 with the PRO series of zooms, audio is via Rode Video mic Pro. Good simple gear that does the job.

alanyd

Rank II

Contributor III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Yim
Member #

Hey everyone.

I shoot with whatever I happen to have available on me which is usually my iPhone but if it’s a dedicated photo trip, then it’s currently my Canon EOS R.

Here’s some photos from my iPhone, Canon EOS 70D and my EOS R.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, a lot of really amazing shots here!!! Thanks for sharing!

In the past I shot with a digital compact camera only but very regularly. Then there was a time when I took photos only occasionally and focussed more on enjoying the mments in a beautiful landscape. Since some time I make photos with the phone camera and if there is something which really catches my attention then I use a SLR camera.

Cheers, Bjoern

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Been into photography since 1982, current gear is Olympus E-M1 with the PRO series of zooms, audio is via Rode Video mic Pro. Good simple gear that does the job.
I have been trying to stay away from SLR and lens systems. But the E-M1X with that new 400mm lens is SCREAMING my name! Ha ha.

That being said....I pulled these from my lowly Fuji Advanced point and shoots.

Butterfly using my X10 out of camera with NO post processing.

DSCF0537.JPG
From my Fuji X-S1. Same deal. Out of Camera. No PP.
July 15, 2020 edit 13.jpg

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I'm all about Olympus these days. They're going through restructuring or whatever you want to call it, but it's been a solid product for 4 years for me now. Switched from Canon which was great too, but wanted something small for family use. Next thing you know I'm a full set of lenses in and all about MFT. Started with Em10 years ago, and just moved to the Em5 Mk3. Weather resistant, small, light and finally (for me since the upgrade) fast focus. Don't need much else to get the shots I want. Here's just some photo dumps from random camping trips. It's a Photo thread right? :D

1595267539619.png
1595268209348.png
1595267685358.png

1595267766896.png

1595267846536.png

1595267929783.png

1595268006581.png