Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Will there be a specific time/place to meet before heading onto the beach? Maybe at the Malaquite Visitor Center?
Also, does anyone plan on driving down together?

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Will there be a specific time/place to meet before heading onto the beach? Maybe at the Malaquite Visitor Center?
Also, does anyone plan on driving down together?
we will be coming from Beaumont... so I'm sure yall will be set up and chilling before we even make it .. .. but we are excited, Never been that far south on the coast.

Reactions: bowdy85 and roots66

bowdy85

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Portland, TX 78374, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Bowden
Member #

Currently, there is work going on at the far south end of the island, and we may not able to go past mile 59(Mansfield Cut and jetties). I am not sure about the timetable for them to wrap things up, but they have been working on it for the past few months. Beach access is unrestricted to that point though. Looking forward to my first rally!

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Currently, there is work going on at the far south end of the island, and we may not able to go past mile 59(Mansfield Cut and jetties). I am not sure about the timetable for them to wrap things up, but they have been working on it for the past few months. Beach access is unrestricted to that point though. Looking forward to my first rally!
Good to know info, thanks. I'm hoping we can drive the beach as a group as much as possible.

Reactions: bowdy85

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I will be taking that Friday off work and leaving Georgetown around noon. Plan to travel via 130/183/181 to bypass Austin & San Antonio. Let me know if anyone is interested in convoying along the way.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

I will be taking that Friday off work and leaving Georgetown around noon. Plan to travel via 130/183/181 to bypass Austin & San Antonio. Let me know if anyone is interested in convoying along the way.
we all have to leave after work on friday... so that puts us there late..

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
we all have to leave after work on friday... so that puts us there late..
And, I believe you have a longer drive than I do, too. That brings up the question, where are we to meet/camp? There's 60 miles of coastline to traverse. Arriving after dark would be a challenge without knowing where to go. I would think setting up camp right at the start of the 4x4 only section of the beach would be our best bet. Then, we can drive the beach then next morning when the tide is lowest.

Here's the link to the South Beach camping.

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Update: Scheduled to end work in March.

Reactions: bowdy85

bowdy85

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Portland, TX 78374, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Bowden
Member #

Update: Scheduled to end work in March.
That is great news!