Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@2017RECON is spending his second winter on Padre Island. I'll try to make sure he sees this.

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

I would have loved to go , unfortunately i dont have my rig anymore :/ and i have relocated to north Texas , have not updated my profile .

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

I would have loved to go , unfortunately i dont have my rig anymore :/ and i have relocated to north Texas , have not updated my profile .

BRUPE

Rank I

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Rupe
I just joined this page... I'm trying to RSVP/attend for this event, but every time I click "RSVP", it wont let me select "GOING". Any reason why it's not letting me click it?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I just joined this page... I'm trying to RSVP/attend for this event, but every time I click "RSVP", it wont let me select "GOING". Any reason why it's not letting me click it?
What device type are you using?

BRUPE

Rank I

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Rupe
I'm new to doing any of this... I was hoping I could have gain some insight on what to bring / what to expect (sorry for the stupid questions).
Does most of everyone have a tent on their rig? Since I don't; will a regular ground pop-up tent suffice? Are we camping on the beach? or at a camp site? Are bathroom facilities going to be available? or should I bring a shovel and toilet paper?
Any other insight that you think I should know ahead of time, please feel free to share.

Thanks fellas, looking forward to the trip.

Reactions: csacco

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

I'm new to doing any of this... I was hoping I could have gain some insight on what to bring / what to expect (sorry for the stupid questions).
Does most of everyone have a tent on their rig? Since I don't; will a regular ground pop-up tent suffice? Are we camping on the beach? or at a camp site? Are bathroom facilities going to be available? or should I bring a shovel and toilet paper?
Any other insight that you think I should know ahead of time, please feel free to share.

We will be driving down the beach at PINS, it is open beach for 60 miles with noting there, no cell coverage and no bathrooms. It is primitive camping, bring what ever you want to sleep in, a pop-up tent is more then fine, my wife will be using one. Do keep in mind it is very windy on the beach.
Please make sure you fill up your gas tank.

BRUPE

Rank I

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Rupe
I\'m new to doing any of this... I was hoping I could have gain some insight on what to bring / what to expect (sorry for the stupid questions).
Does most of everyone have a tent on their rig? Since I don\'t; will a regular ground pop-up tent suffice? Are we camping on the beach? or at a camp site? Are bathroom facilities going to be available? or should I bring a shovel and toilet paper?

We will be driving down the beach at PINS, it is open beach for 60 miles with noting there, no cell coverage and no bathrooms. It is primitive camping, bring what ever you want to sleep in, a pop-up tent is more then fine, my wife will be using one. Do keep in mind it is very windy on the beach.
Please make sure you fill up your gas tank.
Thank you!

Eder

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Eder
Last Name
Lores
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none
Does any of you have recovery gear? I know in PINS webpage. Recommends shovel. And other recovery. I'm also new to this. What else do you think we'll need