Pack Monadnock & Mt. Monadnock New Hampshire

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Pack Monadnock or Pack Monadnock Mountain 2,290 feet, is the highest peak of the Wapack Range of mountains and the highest point in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire. The mountain, a monadnock, is located in south-central New Hampshire within the towns of Peterborough and Temple.
Use to chike this mountain when I was younger. Great mountain, great hike, GREAT VIEWS! I parked at Mtn Rd parking area and went up Wapack Trail. It's a quick hike to summit. I then went down Carolyn's Trail over to Ted's. Some nice ledges and vista spots along Ted's. Then, the amazing cliff can be found at the Cliff Trail intersection. This is super nice with views south and SW to Pack Monadnock and Mt. Monadnock. Really nice this day with clear skies! I continued on Cliff Trail down and around and back up Wapack to the summit.
There are approximately 17 Trails from
The Pack Monadnock Raptor Observatory is located within Miller State Park, near the summit of Pack Monadnock Mountain in Peterborough, NH. Access is via Miller Park Road, off Route 101. The closest parking is the small lot at the summit of Pack Monadnock (0.2 miles from the Observatory platform), though this lot often fills early on weekends in September and October. Visitors can also park in the large lot at the base of the mountain, and hike to the summit via the Auto Road (1.3 miles one-way), the Marion Davis Trail (1.4 miles one-way), or the Wapack Trail (approx. 1.6 miles one-way). There is no fee to visit the Observatory, but there is a fee to enter Miller State Park: $4 per adult and $2 for children age 6 to 11. Children age 5 and under, and NH residents 65 and older, are free. For more information on entrance fees, trails, and other park details, visit the Miller State Park website. Accessibility The observation area and 0.2-mile trail from the summit parking area to the Observatory are both ADA-accessible. Groups The Observatory is open to the public, but reservations are required for large groups. If you’d like to bring a group to the Hawk Watch, please contact Miller State Park (603-924-3672) in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts. The earlier, the better!
If you use a car GPS, here are the parking coordinates (in degrees and minutes): N 42 50.121. W 72 06.857.
Pets are not permitted in the park. Please note that this law includes all trails and areas on Mount Monadnock that are within Monadnock State Park boundaries.
https://www.trailfinder.info/trails/trail/mount-monadnock-hiking-trails
fourspots-128.jpg fourspots-128.jpg Store Monadnock-State-Park-128.jpg

Attachments

NE_WARRIOR

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bernardston, MA, USA
Member #

Another awesome mountain to hike in New Hampshire is Mount Cardigan. There's even a cabin you can rent for a short hike to the summit for sunrise. great views all around when you hit the top where the old fire tower is