Overloading near Pittsburgh? Not mid-west neither East? Northern WV, East OH? overnight spots

• HTML tutorial

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

I'm in the Pittsburgh area....Would love to do some overlanding. I am fairly new to the overlanding so I am trying to acquire camping / cooking supplies

Reactions: Valmore

Valmore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

I'm in the Pittsburgh area....Would love to do some overlanding. I am fairly new to the overlanding so I am trying to acquire camping / cooking supplies
Cool , I’ve been overlanding my whole life back home, i’ve been in PIT for about 6 years and I do not know many spots here, normally I go down to WV, I also go to northern Michigan every year! Maybe we can plan something this summer!

Reactions: ASRussell

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Cool , I’ve been overlanding my whole life back home, i’ve been in PIT for about 6 years and I do not know many spots here, normally I go down to WV, I also go to northern Michigan every year! Maybe we can plan something this summer!
That would be great.....I am new to the Pitt area....Moved here from Louisiana in August....Yeah this past winter that never seems to end has kicked my butt....I am still trying to learn the lay of the land. Do you generally go to real campgrounds or do you offroad to your destinations way out in the middle of nowhere??

Valmore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

That would be great.....I am new to the Pitt area....Moved here from Louisiana in August....Yeah this past winter that never seems to end has kicked my butt....I am still trying to learn the lay of the land. Do you generally go to real campgrounds or do you offroad to your destinations way out in the middle of nowhere??
I do both, I like better the idea of camping in the middle of nowhere, as soon as weather breaks I’ll let you know, even if it’s for a day trip, there are cool places I know on northern WV.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ASRussell

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

I do both, I like better the idea of camping in the middle of nowhere, as soon as weather breaks I’ll let you know, even if it’s for a day trip, there are cool places I know on northern WV.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Sounds good to me....Yeah I would prefer it to be a bit warmer...LOL

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

hi guys, Im Brian i also live in the pittsburgh area. i have recently purchase a forester for making family camping more fun and want to get into some more vehicle related adventures! i would like to tag along sometime if its nothing to trail crazy. thanks look forward to meeting more people in the community.

Valmore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

hi guys, Im Brian i also live in the pittsburgh area. i have recently purchase a forester for making family camping more fun and want to get into some more vehicle related adventures! i would like to tag along sometime if its nothing to trail crazy. thanks look forward to meeting more people in the community.
Hi Brian, it looks like weather is finally breaking, maybe we can plan something firing the next weeks

Makrinos001

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pittsburgh, PA
Member #

Hey just wanted to revive this thread a little. I'm trying to plan some trips this spring near Pittsburgh. I've had good luck in Forbes State Forest in Uniontown which is only an hour from downtown Pittsburgh. Also a little further west (1-2hrs) are some other great trails to campsites that are completely isolated. Would love to get together with some like minded overlanders/campers.

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I'm not on here a lot but on FB I'm part of a group that does frequent trips all over this region. Look up weekend wanderers

Thanks
Tony

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Hey just wanted to revive this thread a little. I'm trying to plan some trips this spring near Pittsburgh. I've had good luck in Forbes State Forest in Uniontown which is only an hour from downtown Pittsburgh. Also a little further west (1-2hrs) are some other great trails to campsites that are completely isolated. Would love to get together with some like minded overlanders/campers.
Sounds fun...Overlanding season is upon us