Overlanding Photos

• HTML tutorial

whiskeytacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Here is a photo dump (of just truck photos) from a 9700 mile trek I did over December/January. The off road pics are from the White Rim Rail in Canyonlands National Park, some trails in Riverside county, CA, and the Old Mojave Road which crosses California, Nevada and Arizona.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Yes they are. We would have missed them but a local told us about them and where. We did not do the whole white rim because of time but we will be back to do it. Such "epic" beautiful places.

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

It's been about 25 years since I drove the Mojave Road. I plan on going next winter, it doesn't look like much has changed. I enjoyed your pics. Thanks

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

Are those the Indian drawings on the way in to the White Rim from Moab?
There are Indian drawings or petroglyphs and pictographs all over southern Utah. A lot of them are not published and some people won't tell their locations. Because the damn vandals ruin them.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Bob thanks, Your so right about the vandals stuff. When my wife and were in that area we were told that vandals use shoguns to blast them. I don't understand why, looking at the petroglyphs was so emotional for us. It makes me want to HUNT vandals and round them up. Have a good and safe trip!!!!!

Reactions: Bob

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
WOW Luis Merlo
I would love to get some of that red stuff on my FJ. You all down under sure got it going on!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

WOW Luis Merlo
I would love to get some of that red stuff on my FJ. You all down under sure got it going on!!!!!!!
You have some red stuff in your own backyard.... Iron Range Offroad near Gilbert MN. Definitely some nasty wheeling there. Lots of jagged rocks.
(EDIT: I still have some of that red stuff on the FJ a few years later... terrible stuff to get off, lol)