• HTML tutorial

DMur

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auburn, NH
Member #

Hey all!

I am going to Burlington VT this weekend. Leaving end of the week. Does any one have good spots to stop? I like beer, bike tails, sight-seeing, or even little hidden gems...like museum and spots where people have stories.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, and thank you for talking the time to read this.

DMur

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

A bit south of burlington but long trail brewery has great beer and food, rt100 through vermont is an awesome and beautiful drive.

Reactions: QCrunner

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Beer? You must visit Alchemist brewery in Stowe. Heady Topper is still one of the highest ranked beer. On your way up to Burlington VT, stop by the visitor center near highway. You can find a brewery passport, with information of all the brewery in VT.

Hill Farmstead Brewery is another highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: akdigital3d

DMur

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auburn, NH
Member #

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will most definitely go to Alchemist Brewery @MolangiNaeda

@SutchFJ I will look into that. I have heard of route 100 as being a great place for food!

Would you guys know any good place to make our base camp?

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will most definitely go to Alchemist Brewery @MolangiNaeda

@SutchFJ I will look into that. I have heard of route 100 as being a great place for food!

Would you guys know any good place to make our base camp?
Smugglers notch would be a cool area for base camp. Not far from Burlington. It's Stowe vt. Really cool drive if they have opened the road.

DMur

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auburn, NH
Member #

Awesome!!

Just to clarify, is there pull offs on route 108 were we can stop and sleep/base camp? Would it be stealth camping?

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

Awesome!!

Just to clarify, is there pull offs on route 108 were we can stop and sleep/base camp? Would it be stealth camping?
I have camped up there off of some seasonal roads, not sure they'd be accessible without 4x4. If you look on the vermont web site there are many primitive first come first serve camp sites all through that area that would be accessible by normal vehicle

DMur

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auburn, NH
Member #

Thank you all for the great ideas. I hit most of those places
Alchemist Brewery @MolangiNaeda ...That beer was excellent!! Also free campsites.net was great thanks for the nice find! I had a great experience with it.
@SutchFJ I found a great campsite by a lake. I was able to get partly down (100ft) the trail but the DEEP mud prevented me from continuing. Next time!
@MolangiNaeda..Hill Farmstead Brewery was also super awesome!

Again thank you all for the great trip!

Tonymorr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Malta, NY
Member #

Thank you all for the great ideas. I hit most of those places
Alchemist Brewery @MolangiNaeda ...That beer was excellent!! Also free campsites.net was great thanks for the nice find! I had a great experience with it.
@SutchFJ I found a great campsite by a lake. I was able to get partly down (100ft) the trail but the DEEP mud prevented me from continuing. Next time!
@MolangiNaeda..Hill Farmstead Brewery was also super awesome!

Again thank you all for the great trip!
Where was that great campsite by the lake?