ExploderEx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Waco, Texas
First Name
Corbitt
Last Name
Armstrong
Hi Yall, Im new here, just wondering if yall knew of any good spots in Texas for a newbie such as myself. Thanks!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Corbitt (@ExploderEx), welcome from Oklahoma.
Perhaps the thread How to Enjoy Texas will help you.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
As @Prerunner1982 mentioned, there have been a couple of miles shared within this very private state. Set your expectations low and leave your mind open, plenty of stuff to do here with great areas to visit.
I know a couple of guys that drove around the state, find them and I am sure they have stories.
Enjoy, and Welcome.
540398D3-833A-451F-8D3F-CD69E9DC0341.png

Reactions: Tray

Carroll Voss

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Antonio, Tx
First Name
Carroll
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCV
Rig: 2016 4R SR5 4WD member #17132 new to OB. My Texas Overlanding is in Big Bend National Park 800,000 acres, Big Bend Ranch State Park 400,000 acres, of Far West Texas. miles of remote park roads to explore and camp. rigs with high clearance and 4wd can easily access these remote campsites. we do so 4 times a year as we direct Ultra trail races. join us at www.overlandracing.com HAM radio operators wanted but not necessary to join in the fun. plenty of state park overloading on the way out there.

Attachments