Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
I’ve read good things about Redbird but I’ve never been. I think it would definitely be worth a visit since it’s in your own back yard.

Reactions: sethingham

sethingham

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
Member #

A couple friends and I spent an afternoon in the Hoosier National Forest this weekend. It was mostly just gravel roads but it had some cool scenery. We only had time to explore the northern most part by the Charles Deam Wilderness. We already want to go back!

Reactions: Ditcherman

silvertoy_36

Rank 0

Traveler I

A couple friends and I spent an afternoon in the Hoosier National Forest this weekend. It was mostly just gravel roads but it had some cool scenery. We only had time to explore the northern most part by the Charles Deam Wilderness. We already want to go back!

I live in Fort Wayne and would like to potential check this out. New to overloading so this would be a great start. where does the trail begin and end? is there map info or places where i could gain some good intel so I don't go in blind?

Thanks,

sethingham

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
Member #

I live in Fort Wayne and would like to potential check this out. New to overloading so this would be a great start. where does the trail begin and end? is there map info or places where i could gain some good intel so I don't go in blind?

Thanks,
We actually got our route from this thread...

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/midwest-routes-oh-pa-in-ky-tn-md-wv-il-mo-mi.6442/

It's labeled southernIN.gpx. We went clockwise from the northern most point and stopped at Lake Monroe. I'd guess the portion we did was 50% pavement and 50% gravel. It looks like there are a couple water crossing labeled that we didn't get to. This is the northernmost portion of the forest so I'd assume there's more to explore down south. I hope to go back soon!

sethingham

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
Member #

We actually got our route from this thread...

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/midwest-routes-oh-pa-in-ky-tn-md-wv-il-mo-mi.6442/

It's labeled southernIN.gpx. We went clockwise from the northern most point and stopped at Lake Monroe. I'd guess the portion we did was 50% pavement and 50% gravel. It looks like there are a couple water crossing labeled that we didn't get to. This is the northernmost portion of the forest so I'd assume there's more to explore down south. I hope to go back soon!
There's also a route labeled indiana_north_east_lakes.gpx on that thread that is close to Fort Wayne that might be worth checking out!

wiseinvestor

Rank I

Contributor III

This is beautiful. thank you for posting