Deb
Last Name
Lee (Ironhorse Overland)
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKU
Service Branch
Army Reserves
So just started this journey the 20th of June and so far so good. Our initial travels involved family because of sickness so the "rig pulling over boulders" photos will have to wait. LOL. Currently on our third State Park and headed north from South Carolina. You won't see any river crossings with us but the photography will be awesome. LOL
Zim
In our book, its not so much where you go, or what roads you travel, but the fact that you just go 'somewhere' simply put 'vehicle based travel' paved or dirt this world has lots to share. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your travels
Exactly. Getting out there and seeing this awesome earth is what matters.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Made it back into the Yukon Territory and across The Top of the World Highway! Now heading to Tuktoyaktuk and the Artic Ocean!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Made it back into the Yukon Territory and across The Top of the World Highway! Now heading to Tuktoyaktuk and the Artic Ocean!
Wow, That area and also the Top of the World Highway is a awesome region for overlanders. I really enjoyed the time we spend there. Thanks for sharing those pictures. Enjoy your trip!

Safe travels and happy trails!

Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Mike and Deb, great pictures

Reactions: Magic Mike

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Great Pictures, We can't wait to get up there, been up to the Yukon border a couple of time, but really want to make a trip up to Tuk and into Alaska soon, Hoping to put together a trip next year!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
We made it to Tuktoyaktuk, what an awesome adventure thus far! Here are few more images, enjoy

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

We made it to Tuktoyaktuk, what an awesome adventure thus far! Here are few more images, enjoy
Outstanding pics! Many thanks for sharing. Nice to know the NWT is "open" again without anyone hassling travellers.

I'll never forget Ray Hyland's hilarious story about being the first to drive the summer road to Tuk. When they stopped in at the general store/post office/town hall to ask where to camp, the proprietor looked at them like they were aliens and the answer was "Somewhere that's flat and not too muddy?" Lol

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Outstanding pics! Many thanks for sharing. Nice to know the NWT is "open" again without anyone hassling travellers.

I'll never forget Ray Hyland's hilarious story about being the first to drive the summer road to Tuk. When they stopped in at the general store/post office/town hall to ask where to camp, the proprietor looked at them like they were aliens and the answer was "Somewhere that's flat and not too muddy?" Lol
Lovely pictures! I'd love to take the family up there. Sadly, it likely won't happen for several years.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Lovely pictures! I'd love to take the family up there. Sadly, it likely won't happen for several years.
Just keep it in your bucket list! It’s a worthwhile trip

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Made it to Alberta Canada, found this campsite between Grand Cache and Hinton. So beautiful and saw a momma and two grizzly cubs as soon as we arrived.

Attachments

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Jasper & Banff National Parks, just stunning

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Jasper & Banff National Parks, just stunning
Jasper is pretty amazing, although I haven't been to Banff yet. Any chance you will be attending the Alberta Outdoor Adventure Expo on Labor day weekend?

If your travels bring you out to the Edmonton area, let me know and I'd love to try to arrange a meetup for coffee! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos!

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

I full-time, long distance travel and live out of my 98 Chevy Tracker I also have a home base cabin in AZ. I'm gone more than home.
I also travel on a fixed income and do my best. I don't like urban camping but sometimes in the states there's not much choice if you can't afford a pay for site which are usually painfully full and noisy

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I have a homebas
We sold our house and hit the road! Never going back to NORCAL! We’ll use this time to find our forever home.

We don’t have any plans on how long were going to travel, min is 5 years