Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

Right here... picked up stogie smokin' in the Army.

Took some effort, but hunted down the incredibly rare Series Land Rover cigar lighter for Grover. Look closely at the pic; the gauge below the lighter has an exposed light, I made a shield for it out of a cigar tube.

View attachment 183586

View attachment 183587
I picked cigars up from the military too.

Smoked a John Bull Dark Hour today while exploring West Bowl in Southern Montana today.

Attachments

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

I enjoy a cigar most evenings at home, on the trail, at camp, or at work at the firehouse. I good cigar always helps wind down a long day. I have a travel humidor that holds 5 cigars well and keeps them fresh. Recently purchased a few of the Line Of Duty Cigars.... I've been impressed and will continue to purchase.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I picked cigars up from the military too.

Smoked a John Bull Dark Hour today while exploring West Bowl in Southern Montana today.
I had tried cigars a handful of times, before the military, even snuck one with my older brother and cousins at a wedding when I was 6.

Still, the Army is when it really got started - will never forget that 1st Army cigar. Was out in the middle of nowhere on a training exercise and I was a Cadet in charge of my first unit. After a successful completion the Training Officer gave me and a couple other cadets cigars. He said "the successful completion of a mission requires a good cigar".

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

I enjoy a cigar most evenings at home, on the trail, at camp, or at work at the firehouse. I good cigar always helps wind down a long day. I have a travel humidor that holds 5 cigars well and keeps them fresh. Recently purchased a few of the Line Of Duty Cigars.... I've been impressed and will continue to purchase.
I tend to smoke a couple a week. I have a full size humidor, a 5 cigar size for my vehicle and a 30 for when I’m in the field or on a big fire. Ive had some davidoff grand cru #2 this weekend that were superb.

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

I tend to smoke a couple a week. I have a full size humidor, a 5 cigar size for my vehicle and a 30 for when I’m in the field or on a big fire. Ive had some davidoff grand cru #2 this weekend that were superb.
Must be a wildland guy! Haha. I keep a humidor at work. We dont get much wildland here... just hurricanes. Godspeed brother. Enjoy your off season!

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

Must be a wildland guy! Haha. I keep a humidor at work. We dont get much wildland here... just hurricanes. Godspeed brother. Enjoy your off season!
Haha all-hazard here. In the wintertime we cover 50 straight miles of interstate that go through a mountain pass. Slide offs and roll overs for days. Though with this insane heat wave we’ve had it’s more wildland fires in January than anything elss

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Right here... picked up stogie smokin' in the Army.

Took some effort, but hunted down the incredibly rare Series Land Rover cigar lighter for Grover. Look closely at the pic; the gauge below the lighter has an exposed light, I made a shield for it out of a cigar tube.

View attachment 183586

View attachment 183587
I’ve got this tube....

i smoked the stick a couple of years ago. Been sav8ng the tube for something, but not quite sure what to do with it.

8E86EFA3-EAA1-4B6A-B7DC-7883C945A96B.jpeg

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Cigars no, although I have in the past.

Pipe? Yes, daily.

I just don't have the time to slot to burn a cigar, and it doesn't matter the cigar I can't go with a relit cigar (that has been out for any appreciable period)

Reactions: finlayforprez

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Jacobson
What's this "after a long day on trail"? I pop the back vent window, roll em down, and chomp on one through the whole. Helps me not tense up. Then have another picked out for camp. If its an event I stick the humidor in the drawers, otherwise I grab a smaller wooden cigar box and get a fresh Boveda pack to keep em fresh. My favorites are La Aroma de Cuba, San Cristobal, and Rocky Patel, but I usually just grab whatevers on sale. I'll also do pipe tobacco occasionally.
IMG_3240_Original.jpg
IMG-5241.jpg
62277156829--75C264B4-26A5-4916-ADD1-797F4A3EDCD2.jpg