Overlanding Basics - Spontaneity & the Great Outdoors

• HTML tutorial

Firemedic15

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jerome, idaho
Member #

Loved this article. We are newish at getting in to this although we have been camping with a 31' trailer for 12 years. Kids are all in college and we are now empty nestors. Wife is a public as well as on-line school teacher, I own a Architecture Business, am a Fire Commissioner, Fire Fighter and Paramedic. We work too much, and need to commit to getting away. She loves to geocache, which has been my in for this. Thank you for your articles such as this and your videos which I really enjoy. You are a wealth of information for all of us to gleen from. Thanks again for what you have been doing.

Catdog

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Amarillo, TX
Member #

I am a new member. I love this post and hope to be able to do similarly! Unfortunately we live in the panhandle of Texas and are 4 hours from mts. lol. No excuses though!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Back when i had more free time for drives/rides and adventuring ( darn adulting and responsibility ) i use to keep a map of oregon and washington on my wall and a couple of darts handy . I would close my eyes and toss a couple and try to go wherever the nearest or most interesting dart landed . Was a great way to explore new places and keep things new and fresh.

Reactions: Lindenwood

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Love the article - loads of practical advice. I run a short wheelbase Land Rover so space is always at a premium. I use wolf boxes and have them organized according to need. I love the idea of repacking your clothes bag and basic foodstuffs box as soon as you get home so on Friday evening, you can literally "grab and go". It takes away the excuses "we're not ready...." - I'm definitely going to give it a try.
Thanks for posting this