Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Talladega National Forest was awesome. It had some really good trails and look forward to going back and adding to it. Mt. Cheaha is great but there is so much more to see as well. A planned ride would be fun.

Attachments

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Those trails look like 600-1 or 600-2, though I don’t recognize that campsite on a paved road. Hmm??

Is camping allowed in Little River? I thought that was recently made off limits.

What about down near Mobile? Anything down there for when it cools off?

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
First picture is a campground in the Bankhead NF and the 2nd is at the bluff on 600-1.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Talladega National Forest was awesome. It had some really good trails and look forward to going back and adding to it. Mt. Cheaha is great but there is so much more to see as well. A planned ride would be fun.
Where is that 3rd photo taken? I don’t recall any campsites on a paved road. Is that in a campground.

Yeah, the overlook is an amazing campsite - if you don’t get overrun with visitors. My son and I camped there one weekend. I estimate we had 75+ people visit during the day. Probably won’t camp there again.

Never2Late

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

First Name
Lee
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Where is that 3rd photo taken? I don’t recall any campsites on a paved road. Is that in a campground.

Yeah, the overlook is an amazing campsite - if you don’t get overrun with visitors. My son and I camped there one weekend. I estimate we had 75+ people visit during the day. Probably won’t camp there again.
The 3rd photo is at the state park. In the primitive camping zone. Lot 107.

Reactions: Tundracamper

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

TNF is a jewel, but don't forget the Bankhead and Little River.
Besides Brushy Lake and a couple of dispersed campsites along FS 255 near the creek, are you aware of any more dispersed campsites in Bankhead? All I recall seeing is the horse and hunter camps - nothing like the dispersed options in Talladega.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Wife and I was in Talladega NF for the first time in April. We HAVE to go back! We didn't have our RTT because the roof rack was delayed. Blame it on Covid! Camped at Cheaha State Park. Went to Gadsden and saw Noccalula Falls. Checked out Little River Falls and drove the scenic road along the canyon with all the overlooks. And there is more to see. A group would be great!

04-2021 Talladega NF AL 01.jpg04-2021 Talladega NF AL 02.jpg04-2021 Talladega NF AL 04.jpg04-2021 Talladega NF AL 05.jpg

Never2Late

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

First Name
Lee
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Those trails look like 600-1 or 600-2, though I don’t recognize that campsite on a paved road. Hmm??

Is camping allowed in Little River? I thought that was recently made off limits.

What about down near Mobile? Anything down there for when it cools off?
Yes. That was 600-1. But I didn’t camp off that road. I camped in Cheaha to catch the sunset and sunrise there. But next time I believe I will camp there. Lots of good places to camp.
And the only thing we have in the mobile area are state parks. But I’m currently planning a weekend trip with my boys to camp at fort Pickens in Pensacola now that its cooler.

Reactions: Tundracamper