Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Fabian,

Iam waiting for some data, same as Mathias. But there is not much coming.
the 17th, unfortunally it is not working, we have a tour on the 16th. Too bad.

But, I would love to have a weekend at that Park.

Valentin Schneider

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ockenfels, Deutschland
First Name
Valentin
Last Name
Schneider
Member #

Hey guys I want to kick off this Thread again since I love the Idea of a Mid Europe Meetup.

Also I want to throw in the Idea of Meeting up at the Season Opening of Genesis Import. It's on 17. March an there are many other Overlanders coming.

But Freizeitpark Vulkan would also be nice.

The average German isn't spontaneous so having a date asap is crucial [emoji23]

Save travels Fabian
that would be an option too, i'm fine with any sort of a meetup. but we have to decide now, cause time is running, and yes fabi, you're right we germans like to have a fixed date haha. Robert, did ''Freizeitpark-Vulkan'' already reply to your e-mail. if they say no i think we should go with fabi's idea. Thanks guys.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Iam not going there, I will be at BK. That is the event to be. Sorry, if others wants to go to a really small event its their choice. Especially when this event is probarly the last one they will do.
Didnt they tell you that Mathias?

But everybody can have a different opinion as me. All Iam saying, I will be at BK.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

It should be our meet, not hopping on the bus by someone else. That would just be not right.
And at the same time as BK and the Rally point I made for it. Well, I can take it off if people say yes.
But that would make me go dormit.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

It is not and was never meant to be in competition to Roberts rally point for Bad Kissingen.
I called the guy because I promised to do it. I shared the date with you because I felt like it's no competition and I wanted to let you know that I did what I promised. Nothing more.
I canceled it, was my fault, forget about it.
Sorry Robert.

Last edited:

Valentin Schneider

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ockenfels, Deutschland
First Name
Valentin
Last Name
Schneider
Member #

Hey guys, i think we shouldn't even say the word competition, we're all ob members and sort of a big family that helps each other and other people if needed. My opinion is, we should forget about this and call the BK abenteuerallrad Ralleypoint our 2019 ob Member meetup in europe[emoji1360]. I'm looking forward to meet all of you guys and i'm glad to be a part of it. So let us all focus now on Abenteuer Allrad, Bad Kissingen[emoji1360]and thanks to MazeVX[emoji1362]by the way, if members are still interested in meeting after Abenteuer Allrad, we could do a second meetup, and 2020 is comming to... [emoji1365]

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, maybe Germany is just too small in numbers of active people to have its own Meeting? And then is Bad Kissingen a good alternative.
It hadnt anything to do with competition, but if two events are made at the same time nearly at the same location, it will both fail.
And nobody likes to organise a failing event.
That is the reason for me to "complain".

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

as far as our plans are set right now, BK will be the last stop before we are heading home of our two month trip to sardinia and corsica. it will be a bit of a detour but we are quite excited about attending BK and meet some OB -members in person.

Reactions: Valentin Schneider

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey guys don't let small numbers stop you arranging a meet up. We had only 9 vehicles in our recent meet and that was too many for some places we wanted to camp. Small groups are often easier to arrange and organise.
However we had a great time with some fine food, beer and driving even though it was still very cold and although none of us had met before 4 vehicles headed off to Glencoe in Scotland for a few more days driving and camping.

If you need anything from me to help you get a meeting started up please let me know.
I will also be at the Daktenten Festival in Kasterlee, Belgium in June and will travel from there to BK to attend the Allrad Rally Point Event so hopefully I will see you at one of these shows.