Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Is anyone else having a problem with the Overlandbound app.

When I open the app it initially asks me to log in and if I add my password I am told there is a problem with the forum and to contact admin.
If instead of logging in I select cancel it seems I am logged in but I do not appear to get notifications etc and I cannot create a thread.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks

Attachments

Slow_racer_218

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Jersey USA
Member #

I downloaded it and then deleted it minutes later. It kept asking me to double authenticate which simply does not work. Web app needs work

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Is anyone else having a problem with the Overlandbound app.

When I open the app it initially asks me to log in and if I add my password I am told there is a problem with the forum and to contact admin.
If instead of logging in I select cancel it seems I am logged in but I do not appear to get notifications etc and I cannot create a thread.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks
Have you set your account to use 'two factor authentication'? I don't think it works with that and you get that kind of behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I'm running 2FA without any issues. Is it possible your password expired?
Just turned mine back on and works fine... sorry used not to work and that's exactly the behaviour I got when it didn't.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I have deleted and re-installed the app and first time I used it it was fine. Now again it asks me to log in then says problem with the forum. And again if I select cancel it is like I'm logged on can force notifications by refreshing but I do not get the forum menus.
Very strange, either it doesn't think I'm logged in even though I am and can reply to posts in the forums in my notifications. But I cannot create a new thread etc for that I need to go on google or safari and log in through that route.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

It looks like there were some latency issues over the weekend. That should not affect how the app works just how quickly it loads. If you are still having issues then we need to bring it to @Michael 's attention because issues like this very rarely effect one person. Thanks for your patience. I will bring this up with the crew and see if we can't figure out what's going on.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Yeah, started to see a few issues yesterday and today with logging on. Always let's me in eventually but can get several login prompts first. Notifications have been broken for couple of weeks now... appear on the home screen but not in the app.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey guys - I am looking into this on my own app to see if I can duplicate the login issues.
Hi Michael, just an observation, I don't think I have had the issues on wifi, pretty sure it is always on the cellular connection.
Not sure if that means something but wanted to pass it on.
I also seem to be getting notifications again that had stopped for quite a while.
Thanks

Reactions: Tim

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hi Michael, just an observation, I don't think I have had the issues on wifi, pretty sure it is always on the cellular connection.
Not sure if that means something but wanted to pass it on.
I also seem to be getting notifications again that had stopped for quite a while.
Thanks

That is interesting. That should not make any difference, but if what you are saying is true, it may be there is a data limit that is set for apps. If an app attempts to download so many mb of data it the phone can put a stop to it meaning not everything loads. This should not effect the apps function but how much loads. So I doubt that is the case, but without looking over your shoulder it's hard to tell what is going on.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi @Michael
Let us know if we can do anything to help with testing. I'm seeing issues on cellular and Wifi. I'm thinking that the log on issue may even be some kind of timeout?
Cheers

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @Michael
Let us know if we can do anything to help with testing. I'm seeing issues on cellular and Wifi. I'm thinking that the log on issue may even be some kind of timeout?
Cheers
Hmmm, the timeout for the forum currently is fairly generous. We have new bot and login hack prevention in place. I could disable it, then you could try?

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hmmm, the timeout for the forum currently is fairly generous. We have new bot and login hack prevention in place. I could disable it, then you could try?
I wondered more if there was a timeout in the app? It just seems like when I open the app or click on a notification on the home screen, it takes a long time to load and often gives up and gives me a login prompt. This can be when I've only just been in the app and working OK. I guess latency could start to be an issue from the UK? If I use the webpage from the same device the performance is much better.

Yes, I'm on iOS too but often use safari rather than the app.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Just used the app on wifi and it gave me the login in screen.
This time I logged in and it loaded correctly with forum fault message.
I am on iOS.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Just used the app on wifi and it gave me the login in screen.
This time I logged in and it loaded correctly with forum fault message.
I am on iOS.

I did some testing last night and noticed that when I am on the mobile network I get a "Denied Access" screen. So this isn't isolated to just you. We are working on figuring this out. Are you running an android device?