Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

And some Miles Davis if I'm feeling mellow.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Nice.

I am a middle school band teach during the day so I get enough noise all day long. To and from work I listen to sports talk radio, this time of year I love me some baseball on the radio.

Off road and Jeep trips radio is off usually because the doors and top is off and you can't hear it anyway.

As far as road trips go my wife doesn't like audio books so that's out.

But things like;

Awry, hottie in a Jeep.
Mumford and sons
Civil wars
Disturbed
Joshua Redman
Dave Matthews
The wife likes musicals
Basically anything but rap or hip hop...

Reactions: KellyS

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I have a playlist on my spotify called "One list to rule them all" set to play random songs and it keeps growing every week, it's at 497 songs right now. :tongueout:

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
Classic Rock (the stuff I grew up with 60's and 70's) Jazz, Blues, Classical, Country, some current stuff - Lindsey Sterling, ZZ Ward. Podcasts when I think of it.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
If I'm traveling through several States and have time, I try to make playlists of artists from the region of songs about the region in various genres, including a short audiobook. But there's always Johnny Cash and RUSH on board.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I prefer to hit the scan button on my radio. You never know what you will find. Saturday morning on the trail in northern Minnesota I came across some polka music!!!
Yup! When I was a kid, every Saturday my Grandparents would have Polka blaring on the radio up there!

Reactions: The other Sean

Justcozz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama
Member #

I love audiobooks and podcasts mixed up with anything playing randomly on the radio when I'm driving alone. When I'm with the girlfriend, and we are heading out on a real trip we just talk. I think our relationship is better on the road than anywhere else. We just seem to live in the moment and connect (until I piss her off or she gets hangry) then I drive quietly for 10 minutes before I start talking again.

We literally drove to Alaska this year and maybe listened to the radio for less than 8 hours total for the entire drive.

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

SiriusXM Satellite Radio can get it anywhere Off the Grid it's only $22 a month besides the initial start-up fee and the cost of the radio but it's so worth it because you get every genre of music you can think of and you get it anywhere what could be better than that playlist get old after a while and how many times you want to listen to the same song over and over and over again try Sirius XM radio it's well worth it you can even buy the cheaper ones at Walmart for $65 and then they give you deals for Sirius XM for signing up highly recommend can't go wrong

squishware

Rank III

Advocate II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
batman
Last Name
jones
A few years ago I ripped ALL my CDs. I have a thumb drive with about 125 albums on it. It plays the albums sequentially with no commercials or bad music. I can skip songs individually or skip albums if I am not in the mood. It is The Perfect System. On Topic: Classic Rock, Roots Reggae, 80s, Grunge, Psychedelia.

Reactions: FeralBoy

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I have Sirius XM (wouldn't own a vehicle without it) and Spotify Premium. I think I have a fairly eclectic taste in music (which is to say I'll listen to nearly anything).

Most of the time I'm listening to 90's grunge rock or old school hip-hop. It's also fun to jam through my "high school days" playlist on Spotify and listen to all the terrible rap and pop music I grew up with.

FeralBoy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana
My eclectic shuffle. NWA might be bookended by 80s British new wave and Patsy Cline (which along with "the Devil went Down to Georgia" is the only country allowed in my truck)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I listen to a lot of classical music these days (Satellite radio), but there's always room for some Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits ... solid rock-n-roll music.

JohnyGluebag

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Myles
Last Name
Washburn
Member #

For long trips on open highway I listen to movies. Never watch them, keep the map on the head unit with all the travel info, but have the DVD audio going. Last trip it was:
- original series of Battlestar Galactica
- The Burbs
- Dragnet (Dan Aykroyd)
- Flash Gordon

Next trip will be cycling through a bunch of Trailer Park Boys, and likely some B-movies, Trancers etc.

The miles just seem to count down faster with movies. When on the trail going slow etc. usually switch to ambient type music or nothing at all. Scanning through local radio is good too.

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Little bit of country, little bit of Springsteen, classic rock, and the Dropkick Murphys

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MrMark

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

Sirius XM Channel; #350 Red, White and Booze. They play Kid Rock next to George Jones followed by Skynyrd... Eclectic, but it works!!

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I typically dont listen to music on the trail, I usually want to be able to hear what my rig is doing. But if I do listen to music in the woods it will most likely be folk music. My favorite style of folk currently is traditional Québécois.

I had the pleasure of seeing these guys play a number of years ago, not only are they talented and passionate musicians, they are drop dead hilarious.

I also gotta say I really enjoy this group from Spokane. I listen to them a lot when Im out doing water quality sampling.

Last edited:

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I have very eclectic taste in music (like most everything in my life) but, mostly, I'm a jazz guy. I have a bunch of CDs ripped to my gen 2 Nano that I can run through my audio system as well as Pandora (set up artist stations) and a Premium Spotify account where I have a huge library of albums I can access (as long as I have a cell signal as I don't download onto the phone).

But the one artist above all others for road music, especially in the southwest, is Pat Metheny. I've been listening to him since my brother turned me onto him in the late 70's, early 80's.