Overland Trailers

• HTML tutorial

Colonel Gadget

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Manatee County, Florida, USA
Member #

Just joined OB, then found this trailer section of the forum. I completed my rig about two weeks ago and plan on taking an extended road trip throughout Florida. I look forward to meeting up with fellow Floridians and others on my journey.

Attachments

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I just purchased a Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD (9' tear drop) to tie me over while I'm completing 2 other trailer builds (See my expedition trailer build in my signature below. It includes a pic of my fibreglass trailer build toward the end of it.). When done something will have to go! It's definitely NOT off road ready but it will be a fun project to make it better. First up will be building kayak racks on the lid, larger wheels, new fenders with bike racks, etc. ... the list is long. I like the concept. It will be nice to be able to stand up in it!

Last edited:

Colonel Gadget

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Member #

I just purchased a Coachmen Clipper Express 9.0TD (9' tear drop) to tie me over while I'm completing 2 other trailer builds (See my expedition trailer build in my signature below. It includes a pic of my fibreglass trailer build toward the end of it.). When done something will have to go! It's definitely NOT off road ready but it will be a fun project to make it better. First up will be building kayak racks for the lid, larger wheels, new fenders with bike racks, etc. ... the list is long. I like the concept. It will be nice to be able to stand up in it!

View attachment 88546View attachment 88547View attachment 88548
Very nice, Jim. I didn't see your Expedition build, though. Can you repost it? I do like the standing up feature in your Clipper. I built my Roverlander trailer for a fun project for me and my boy (dog in pic inside trailer) to explore with. We already have a full size trailer, and plan to keep it, as my wife already indicated my little trailer lacks amenities.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Very nice, Jim. I didn't see your Expedition build, though. Can you repost it? I do like the standing up feature in your Clipper. I built my Roverlander trailer for a fun project for me and my boy (dog in pic inside trailer) to explore with. We already have a full size trailer, and plan to keep it, as my wife already indicated my little trailer lacks amenities.
Thanks. Here is a link to my expedition trailer build ... PCO6's Off Road Trailer Build
If I didn't have so many distractions I would have finished it by now! Apart from my "Clipper" distraction my "Cadet" distraction is shown in post #270 of this thread. It's coming along, but slowly.

Regarding amenities, the Clipper has more than I think I'll need. It comes with a fridge, heater, air conditioning and a radio, all at the expense of storage space. I'll probably be taking out the A/C. In all of my years of camping there have only been a few nights when I actually felt hot.

Reactions: Drifterman

Colonel Gadget

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Member #

Thanks. Here is a link to my expedition trailer build ... PCO6's Off Road Trailer Build
If I didn't have so many distractions I would have finished it by now! Apart from my "Clipper" distraction my "Cadet" distraction is shown in post #270 of this thread. It's coming along, but slowly.

Regarding amenities, the Clipper has more than I think I'll need. It comes with a fridge, heater, air conditioning and a radio, all at the expense of storage space. I'll probably be taking out the A/C. In all of my years of camping there have only been a few nights when I actually felt hot.
Thanks for reposting the photos. Very nice!

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

I have see many different options for trailer power. Solar looks great, and would like to pursue it deeper. Would love to see some of the recent options that members on this forum have found relatively simple install.

Colonel Gadget

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Member #

I have see many different options for trailer power. Solar looks great, and would like to pursue it deeper. Would love to see some of the recent options that members on this forum have found relatively simple install.
I connected a 1,000 watt inverter. It has enough power to perk a pot of coffee from a percolator. It also can run a chiller/cooler.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

6 months of research before I started the build, almost 10 month to build. Ground up complete build. You can see the entire build on American Adventurist my project
Next month starting a new adventure trailer project. Project modify Runaway Ranger Runner. Removing all the original street suspension & replacing it with all new offroad suspension, removing the tongue & building a entire new longer tongue with back bone, removing coupler & many other extras & mod's. Once finished I'll be selling my Dinoot M Series (photo's shown)
45767214_1924210364294495_1882812537561415680_n.jpg37256956_1747395858642614_1314036838960201728_n.jpg006.JPG003.JPG51482017_2043118645736999_7684894968808210432_n.jpg008.JPG020.JPG014.JPG