Overland Trailers

• HTML tutorial

Jeff & Heather

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

La Verne, CA, USA
Member #

Our Patriot X1 LE (Limited Edition) camper. Absolutely love this camper which has the following additions:

- Additional 60lt water tank totalling 120lt
- Smarttek hot water system with shower
- Redarc Manager 30 state-of-the-art battery management system
- Air suspension to lower and raise each side for leveling and for going off-road
- Weber Baby Q BBQ in front man cave that swivels out
- Front BBQ porch awning
- Fusion sound system with bluetooth built in
- Main tent has additional kids room which we can attach
- 2 x gas/propane cylinder holders
- 60lt Evakool Patriot branded dual zone fridge/freezer
- 2 x Enduro ground mat sets
- Awning wall wind break
- X1 Stone stomper
- Korr 150w folding solar blanket
- 12v and 240v (Aussie voltage) so can run either solar or mains power

If you want to know more about this camper here are the full specs: http://www.patriotcampers.com.au/patriot-x1-off-road-camper-trailer/

They have started to ship to the USA

View attachment 30658

View attachment 30659

View attachment 30660

View attachment 30661

View attachment 30662

View attachment 30663

View attachment 30664

View attachment 30665

View attachment 30657
Just looking over this thread - how do you like your Patriot? Do you still think it's worth the money they ask for it? Would you still buy one after using it like you have? I'm very interested in these - the price keeps me from pulling the trigger.

Reactions: Drifterman

R2V2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura County, CA, USA
First Name
Alvaro
Last Name
Velasco
Member #

Hi. I've been looking at these as well. Now that you've taken the plunge - do you feel you got your money's worth? Just trying to figure out if it's money well-spend?
We take ours out quite often and love this trailer. If you’re gonna use it then it’s totally worth it. Built like a tank. I researched them all and seen them in person. Didn’t feel any were built like this one. We’ve had it almost a year and zero regrets. If you have Instagram you can see all the places we have used it. @tkmadventures Also. Customer service has been excellent.

Jeff & Heather

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

La Verne, CA, USA
Member #

We take ours out quite often and love this trailer. If you’re gonna use it then it’s totally worth it. Built like a tank. I researched them all and seen them in person. Didn’t feel any were built like this one. We’ve had it almost a year and zero regrets. If you have Instagram you can see all the places we have used it. @tkmadventures Also. Customer service has been excellent.
Thanks very much for the feedback! I’ll also check-out your IG.

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

I have a homemade trailer made out of a Caltrans sign trailer. It has jeep leaf springs, custom shackles, fox shocks, max coupler hitch, 35 inch mud tires with scs rims, rhino rack foxwing awning, tepui grand sabana, a road shower, and lots of storage space.

That's an awesome looking trailer! How do you raise and lower the rtt? As steady as on top of the ride? I have my eyes on one but don't have any parking space, truly sucks.

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

Lease let me say this about that, if you guys are buying your trailer and have the cash, glad for it, if you are building your own rig, keep in mind these little things, your base platform, no wider than your tow vehicle, be cautious of the weight of the rig, TARE the weight of the rig with nothing on board. The axle, here's the key. You do not necessarily need a 3500 pound axle, unless you're hauling elephants, t just adds weight, electric brakes ? Lots of rocks and downhills in the future, nice thing to have. 12 volt power, solar panel@ 100w or more. Stove, The Coleman is a great buy, if you are at altitude, reconsider, propane is regulated and doesn't burn as hot . Look at the high altitude stoves, a bit pricey, but well worth the effort, RTT, we all need then, keep the rack at least 40 inches off the deck (ground) any lower the bears will visit. I've had it happen. Read up on tent specs before purchasing they vary . I've built 4 units for my friends as well as my own, the (Towd) pictured below start to finish, made several mods, pulled it thru the Rubicon trail 6 times with minor scratches only,
The fit and finish of the production trailers is beautiful, however rocks don't care, nor do trees. Use simple material 16 ga, max, 3/16, frame box or channel, you don't need the heaviest dog on the trail to have fun,

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Great advice! Thanks!

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
My home built custom overland Trailer.. She's been a lot of fun, Started the build in Late February 2018.. Maiden voyage was May 25, 2018, Found a few issues.. Fixed them.. she's got some decent miles on her.. Been to Moab and Death Valley, plus some weekend warrior trips. This pic was from our Death Valley trip last week. IMG_20181222_121321.jpg IMG_20181226_132713.jpg

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

oh my how my creative juices are flowing after joining this forum. Here's the trailer that i bought when i had my dodge to pull it.
Its a 73 Chevy Luv truck bed on the modified Chevy frame. I have recently installed Yakima roof rails and used it to store my RTT. I really like this trailer, my dad had a yellow Luv truck when I was a kid. I am however going to sell it and buy a much smaller trailer that i can pull with a four cylinder truck or my Subaru Outback.

all the boxes on the tongue are just there for mock up. I gutted a mini fridge to use as a tools, tarps and tie down box.

Attachments

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
Just picked up the Echo Tec5 which is made in South Africa. Looking forward to heading out to the wilds with it. Anyone have experience with this brand/model?
How do you like that slide out? Is there a manufacturer name on it?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok guys, great thread but I have questions, first I am picking up my old mil trailer Monday and here are some questions:
I see RTT and am wondering do you have a locking cover for the trailer when the RTT stand is in the air?

What telescoping poles do you use for the RTT?

is there a budget version of the RTT that is good and would last a few years till I get a hallelujah RTT?

What is the 1 thing you love as an accessory for your trailer?

Thanks!

Jim