Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
87A15550-247B-4CD0-AEBF-0CF3A302AB9D.jpeg 34389D9B-421A-4EBA-A082-0B9B5F1DF378.jpeg Hey everyone, new (to me) Moab Fort XL owner here. Great trailer, but I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions. First, I’m looking to sanitize the water tank. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve been looking at the 2 part kit by Thetford but am open to any advice that any of may have.

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I have a Moab Fort trailer. The instructions that came with my trailer had me dilute 1/4 cup of household bleach for every 15 gallons of water. Once I put the bleach/water solution in the tank I shook my trailer (or, you can take yours for a spin if you want)to make sure the solution does its job cleaning the tank. Then, using the trailer pump, let the water run through each faucet one at a time for a couple of minutes then let the water sit overnight. Drain the tank then refill and drain again . Repeat until the bleach smell is gone. I had to fill the tank twice before the bleach smell was gone.

Harvey's XJ

Rank II

Enthusiast II

napa, ca
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Harvey
Old marine trick is use a cheap gallon of vodka and out in with water, shake or drive around and then run through system
Benefit is no bleach smell or taste. Once you drain it your good
Worked great 2 different used boats I had with kids. No issues

Reactions: KD7WCD

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

This our trailer, the design is bit different than what most you guys have shared.

Fitted with Km2

The tent folds out, we can carry 100ltr of water
The King side bed is on top of the trailer with plenty of room for the kids on the floor area. The tailgate opens out for the kitchen. It suspension is greaseable shackles with leaf springs.

Cheers

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Omg i love this

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I'm nearing the end of my off road expedition trailer build (see post #247 of this thread & the link in my signature below) and it's time to move on to the next one. I gathered a lot of information and some parts for a tear drop trailer build and made a lot of design sketches .. and the I came across this thing. It's a 1986 Cadet fibreglass camper trailer. I've always liked small fibreglass trailers (Bolers, Trilliums etc.) but found them to be a bit too fragile . A lot of them are called "eggs". Plus most of them have an interior that is part of the structure and are hard to alter. This one has NO interior which is great! I can build what I want.

Work has begun and I'm building it in an off road / overlanding style which will include a new more rugged chassis and suspension, larger wheels and tires, basic "camping" interior and similar features to my current project. This going to be fun!

18-07-12 1.JPG
18-07-12 2.JPG

ADVchef

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cedar Hill, TX
Member #

9 1\2 month build, 6 months of research

Build seen on my Facebook page Overland bound made me remove your link.

Solar: Renogy, 2 100watt portable suit case panels w\ branch connector to run both parallel or single panel, Renogy 30 amp Wanderer Charge Controller w\ Battery Temperature Sensor, 20ft 10 awg cable
Battery: VMax Tank 125ah AGM Battery
Suspension: Smooth Ride 3 leaf springs 1450lb. capacity w\ Monroe Shock & 2000lb axle
Tires & Wheels: General Grabber AT II & US Wheels 15"x 8" 4.5" on 5 lug (I media blasted & had powder coated satin black)
Tent: Smittybilt 2783 RTT w\ Exped Duo 10 Queen Size extra long extra wide self inflating mattress w\ CVT Anti Condensation Matt & Compact Camping Concept Shoe Hammock
Awning: Tuff Stuff 4x4 4.5ft x 6ft w\ Tuff Stuff 4x4 Sun Shade Wall
Paint: PPG Automotive, DP Epoxy Primer, Omni Base matched to Cerakote Coyote Tan, Concept Gloss w\flattener added.
Bedliner: Defender Pro, orange peel texture 10" up on the exterior tub, tongue box & face of fenders, heavy texture inside the bed & tailgate. (all sprayed)
Frame: modified reinforced Harbor Freight Super Duty w\custom fabricated tongue & spare tire mount. (all welded)
Body: Dinoot M Series M416 tub kit w\ CJ Jeep style tailgate w\hidden tailgate latches
Fenders: Jeep Style Aluminum length: 36" height: 18 1/4" width: 10" cut to size & scribed to fit, Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed on the faces.
Bed Floor: 3\16" Smooth Aluminum sand blasted w\ Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed inside, exterior underneath Automotive Undercoater sprayed
Tongue Box: Harbor Freight 2-3/4 cu. ft, 3 12v. outlets & 1 12v. rocker switch, Pro Defender Bebliner sprayed up 10" & painted to match trailer. Houses all electrical & solar system.
Heating: Proplex Heat Source H2000 Tent Furnace
Tent Rack: Compact Camping Concept "No Weld" Gusset's w\ 1 1\2" thick wall tubing, bolted & welded
Jacks: Pro Series Round 2000lb Pipe Mount Swivel Jack w/ Footplate side crank
Propane Bottle Mount: AT Overland Equipment 5lb Propane Cylinder Bracket painted to match the trailer.
Extra fuel Storage: fabricated plate w\ bracing for Smittybilt Jerry Can Mount & Midwest 5gal Jeep Can
Charging System: Noco Genius 10 amp Single Bank On Board Battery Charger
Tonneau Cover: Downey Products.
Don,
Doing a very similar build on the same frame. Just wanted to say thanks for the info, it is really great information! You have a great trailer. I am going a little bigger on the tires 35's, No tent but carrying a Angler 360 above the storage area. I sleep in the Jeep. Went to your Facebook but can not see the build. Can you post up how you use the Proplex heater to the tent?

David, AKA ADVChef

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

This our trailer, the design is bit different than what most you guys have shared.

Fitted with Km2

The tent folds out, we can carry 100ltr of water
The King side bed is on top of the trailer with plenty of room for the kids on the floor area. The tailgate opens out for the kitchen. It suspension is greaseable shackles with leaf springs.

Cheers

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Wow this tent trailer looks like the old Apachy tent trailer my Mom & Dad had. Same style of cabin tent! What fun memories.

Reactions: Drifterman