Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Very cool, is that an Oregon Trail'r TeraDrop, how do you like it?
It is an Oregon Trail'r Terradrop. It's a sweet rig, extremely solid and I found it a good platform for making changes. I also think it's a great looking trailer. The OT boys are also great t work with and hang out with. I actually joined them in their booth at Overland Expo West 2017 so that they had a Terradrop to show in addition to their Dew Drop Alpha which was a real hit at the show. There's a YouTube video by maxflip that shows off both trailers.

Some the factory installed features:
- MPPT Solar Controller
- Power Dynamics PD4045 Power Center
- 16 Gallon onboard water tank
- On board propane and 2 burner cooktop
- Sink with on demand water pump
- Rotopax mounts
- Maxcoupler
- and a bunch of other stuff...

Some of the modifications I have made to this trailer:
- Added a 60" x 60" Garvin Wilderness rack
- Roadshower 2
- Snowmaster 56L dual zone refrigerator on the tongue rack
- Custom aluminum storage boxes on the tongue rack and roof rack built by Eddyline Welding in Moab, UT
- Redarc BCDC 1225 DC to DC charger for charging from the tow vehicle
- Blue Sea Systems M2 SOC battery monitor

Pics of a few of the additions...

Snomaster fridge and custom aluminum tongue box (used as a pantry)

Garvin roof rack (a little obscured by all the awnings) and Roadshower 2

Blue Sea Systems M2 SOC

-Curtiss

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
This is the prototype to my off road build. This build is sitting on a bolt together trailer. My next build will be on a welded heavier frame with a 3000lbs. axle with brakes and 33" tires to match the tow vehicle. What makes this trailer unique is that it is built with foam and canvas. The only wood in this build is in the floor. Working with foam has a lot of benefits over a conventional build. Such as built in 2"insulation, super lite (372lbs pictured), little materials to rot, nearly dust proof (canvas covers entire cabin).

DSCF5448.JPG

GABEHERNANDEZ

Rank I

Traveler II

This is the prototype to my off road build. This build is sitting on a bolt together trailer. My next build will be on a welded heavier frame with a 3000lbs. axle with brakes and 33" tires to match the tow vehicle. What makes this trailer unique is that it is built with foam and canvas. The only wood in this build is in the floor. Working with foam has a lot of benefits over a conventional build. Such as built in 2"insulation, super lite (372lbs pictured), little materials to rot, nearly dust proof (canvas covers entire cabin).

View attachment 41911
Nice. Any pictures of the interior? I'm thinking of doing the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Nice. Any pictures of the interior? I'm thinking of doing the same.

Here is a picture of the inside. Really nothing too exciting, just a box. This is the basic plan, but options are in the works for a separate storage area on future builds. Still working out design details since foam is much different than wood to work with.
16215400.JPG

To give you a idea of what can be done in foam this is my first build I did. This trailer came in at 510lbs.

20170909_080917.jpg

GABEHERNANDEZ

Rank I

Traveler II

Here is a picture of the inside. Really nothing too exciting, just a box. This is the basic plan, but options are in the works for a separate storage area on future builds. Still working out design details since foam is much different than wood to work with.
View attachment 41913

To give you a idea of what can be done in foam this is my first build I did. This trailer came in at 510lbs.

View attachment 41915
That's awesome!!! Nice blank canvas to do build on. The foam has to be great for weight and insulation.
Can you fill me in on the foam. Is the foam sandwiched between some type of plastic or metal?
Great work and I'd like to see more as your trailer progresses.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
That's awesome!!! Nice blank canvas to do build on. The foam has to be great for weight and insulation.
Can you fill me in on the foam. Is the foam sandwiched between some type of plastic or metal?
Great work and I'd like to see more as your trailer progresses.
The foam is sandwiched between two sheets of canvas. In this build I used 10oz. canvas, but lighter and heavier canvas's have been use.

I have a YouTube Channel where I will be showing how to build your own canvas/foam trailer. The idea is when I am done it will show a step by step build process so the average person can build their own. Not much there yet, but it is growing https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3xVuHPVJm1kSSiploqPyrw .

You can check out my first trailer build thread if you can't wait here http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54099 . You can find more info on foam builds there too.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

9 1\2 month build, 6 months of research

Build seen on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/don.mullis...37761071768.1073741831.100001166515522&type=3

Solar: Renogy, 2 100watt portable suit case panels w\ branch connector to run both parallel or single panel, Renogy 30 amp Wanderer Charge Controller w\ Battery Temperature Sensor, 20ft 10 awg cable
Battery: VMax Tank 125ah AGM Battery
Suspension: Smooth Ride 3 leaf springs 1450lb. capacity w\ Monroe Shock & 2000lb axle
Tires & Wheels: General Grabber AT II & US Wheels 15"x 8" 4.5" on 5 lug (I media blasted & had powder coated satin black)
Tent: Smittybilt 2783 RTT w\ Exped Duo 10 Queen Size extra long extra wide self inflating mattress w\ CVT Anti Condensation Matt & Compact Camping Concept Shoe Hammock
Awning: Tuff Stuff 4x4 4.5ft x 6ft w\ Tuff Stuff 4x4 Sun Shade Wall
Paint: PPG Automotive, DP Epoxy Primer, Omni Base matched to Cerakote Coyote Tan, Concept Gloss w\flattener added.
Bedliner: Defender Pro, orange peel texture 10" up on the exterior tub, tongue box & face of fenders, heavy texture inside the bed & tailgate. (all sprayed)
Frame: modified reinforced Harbor Freight Super Duty w\custom fabricated tongue & spare tire mount. (all welded)
Body: Dinoot M Series M416 tub kit w\ CJ Jeep style tailgate w\hidden tailgate latches
Fenders: Jeep Style Aluminum length: 36" height: 18 1/4" width: 10" cut to size & scribed to fit, Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed on the faces.
Bed Floor: 3\16" Smooth Aluminum sand blasted w\ Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed inside, exterior underneath Automotive Undercoater sprayed
Tongue Box: Harbor Freight 2-3/4 cu. ft, 3 12v. outlets & 1 12v. rocker switch, Pro Defender Bebliner sprayed up 10" & painted to match trailer. Houses all electrical & solar system.
Heating: Proplex Heat Source H2000 Tent Furnace
Tent Rack: Compact Camping Concept "No Weld" Gusset's w\ 1 1\2" thick wall tubing, bolted & welded
Jacks: Pro Series Round 2000lb Pipe Mount Swivel Jack w/ Footplate side crank
Propane Bottle Mount: AT Overland Equipment 5lb Propane Cylinder Bracket painted to match the trailer.
Extra fuel Storage: fabricated plate w\ bracing for Smittybilt Jerry Can Mount & Midwest 5gal Jeep Can
Charging System: Noco Genius 10 amp Single Bank On Board Battery Charger
Tonneau Cover: Downey Products.
060.JPG 014.JPG View attachment 67881 004.JPG View attachment 67883 006.JPG 004.JPG 013.JPG

Last edited:

hdtrader

Rank 0

Traveler I

2013 Rubicon with an 2018 InTech Flyer Pursue. The InTech is built utilizing an all-aluminum, all-tube, full-perimeter frame and its light weight. I just recently purchased it and now making the mods to it.

BTW...I've got lots of great ideas from this forum to make it an even better trailer. Thanks!

Randy (hdtrader)
North Alabamafullsizeoutput_5c9.jpeg

Basha813

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lakeland, FL 33809
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Darnell
Member #

Fairly new member to Overland Bound and first time posting of my rig. Picture was taken while on my way to Mount Rushmore this past summer. Stayed at an Iowa State Park while in route. Site was sloped and truck has since been given a slight lift with Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts, dropped the 20" factory wheels in favor of Fuel Revoler 17's and 35X12.5R17 Toyo Open Country AT IIs. Will post better pictures soon.WP_20170813_07_49_50_Rich.jpg