Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Finally got to spend some time with our new tent and awning! We sold our Tepui because it was just too small and we wanted more ventilation. After a lot of searching we finally settled on this overlandpros.com set up and couldnt be happier! The tent is 79 inches wide compared to other manufacturers which typically come in around 72. During the summer month you can take down the the sides and leave the rain fly rolled up so you dont have to mess with the tension rods. And the awning is HUGE! Setting the awning up by myself was a breeze although two people would be preferred. The canvas material for both the tent and awning is high quality. looking over the stitching in the tent its all double stitched and taped. dont see any of the small thread holes in the fabric like ive seen with other tents. Cant wait to use it at OTG!!! EDIT** used the set up for 3 days out at the OTG rally and was very happy with how it all performed. set up was super quick each night. all in all very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone.

stole a couple photos from them
DJI_0022.JPG
DJI_0002.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Thanks for putting this post up. I'm looking for a tent and really like that awning.
your welcome! we are really happy with them both. At some point were going to pick up the optional walls for the awning. Would be pretty awesome to have it fully enclosed.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lone Overlander

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Rad tent Ryan! Truck is looking dialed. It looks like the tent has some different features than the Tepui. Are you fitting 3 or 4 people in there? We gotta plan a trip together some time.

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Rad tent Ryan! Truck is looking dialed. It looks like the tent has some different features than the Tepui. Are you fitting 3 or 4 people in there? We gotta plan a trip together some time.
thanks man! yeah she's come a long way and yours has too! now i just need to get out and use it all haha. The majority of the time it will just be three of us but we wanted to have enough room in case my son wanted to go. And yeah its got some different features that i couldn't find with other companies.

We definitely need to get together soon! were pretty open after OTG. lets set something up!

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
Awesome set up! Looking at specs, that Anza 2000 has a mattress bigger than a king size bed! (79x96) vs king bed of (76x80) and 3 inch mattress vs standard 2.5. Pretty sweet with the awning too.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Finally got to spend some time with our new tent and awning! We sold our Tepui because it was just too small and we wanted more ventilation. After a lot of searching we finally settled on this overlandpros.com set up and couldnt be happier! The tent is 79 inches wide compared to other manufacturers which typically come in around 72. During the summer month you can take down the the sides and leave the rain fly rolled up so you dont have to mess with the tension rods. And the awning is HUGE! Setting the awning up by myself was a breeze although two people would be preferred. The canvas material for both the tent and awning is high quality. looking over the stitching in the tent its all double stitched and taped. dont see any of the small thread holes in the fabric like ive seen with other tents. Cant wait to use it at OTG!!! EDIT** used the set up for 3 days out at the OTG rally and was very happy with how it all performed. set up was super quick each night. all in all very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone.

stole a couple photos from them
View attachment 34181
View attachment 34182

What OverlandPro model is this please?

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Sorry to pull up an old post but how's the awning holding up?
We've used it about a dozen times so far and it's holding up great! Got caught in a decent rain over the winter and the awning was a life saver. Took a bit to get the set up and take down procedures down. I have zero issues setting it up alone. I would buy it again in a heart beat!