Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

She has a bit of an impish look about her.

Daisy arrived at the Sac Int airport yesterday at 1730 hrs. Pure bread Lab at 17 weeks is 16 lbs and the breeder estimates her final weight to be around 35-38 lbs. Perfect for the jeep. Our 6th lab and the smallest. She has some big paws to fill.

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Congrats on the new edition my friend!!! May you guys have many many adventures together
thanks brother! lm looking forward to the day when she rides along. And may tomorrows shift be quiet for you. 96 hr the shift from hell.

Reactions: Sheepdog831

Cowboyupdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Torrington, CT
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Vonrichthofen
Member #

What do you use to protect your leather seats from 4 legged friends in the back seat? First vehicle with leather and I am hesitant because she likes to keep her head out and reach as far forward gripping on to the corner of the seat20170610_112654.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using OB Talk mobile app

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I use a blanket to cover the back seat and a towel to dry her off when she gets wet before getting into the truck. Now the dog hair, that's a different story. vacuum a lot. Every time I fish she like to get into the water and come stand by me and shake getting me all wet too. Pals.

Cowboyupdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Torrington, CT
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Vonrichthofen
Member #

I use a blanket to cover the back seat and a towel to dry her off when she gets wet before getting into the truck. Now the dog hair, that's a different story. vacuum a lot. Every time I fish she like to get into the water and come stand by me and shake getting me all wet too. Pals.
YoGi Prime Dog seat covers for cars Dog Car Hammock Style Waterproof Car Seat Covers for dogs, Pet Seat protectors for Trucks SUVs - XL pet car seat covers best gift (Not PADDED)
Just purchased this from amazon. Review to follow. Only $10.. we"ll see

Sent from my SM-G928V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Inthewoods

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yeah, Yogi seat cover looks great. I click it to read, looks like I'll be getting one.

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Oh i could contribute to this thread for a week. Super fond of my bitch (and growing more fond of our male). We have been taking her out since she was a 3 months old, and we took him out a couple weeks after we got him (at 8 weeks), so about the same. Besides their adventurous nature, which leads them off into the brush, they are really good road dogs. Artemis is our male (the black and white puppy) and he hasn't been on many adventures yet, something we will remedy this summer. Like a typical second child, we have been less hands on helicopter furparents for him than we were for Indica. He much more resembles a dog, where as Indica (my bitch) is quite human in her understanding and behaviors.

My perfect Indica. I had the fortune to be able to spend her whole first year working from home and was able to impart wisdom and teach her skills to mastery. She is incredible.

Her first time swimming I just chucked her in the water and she found her way to shore. Now, you can hardly keep her out of water... rivers, lakes, raging torrents. She doesn't like water from the sky though... weird.

genera_lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno/Tahoe Area
First Name
Trip
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GPV
got some serious pup envy right now. i cant wait til i get my #overlandhound back in the truck bed and by my side.

Reactions: Ashton

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
Wife and I take our dogs with us all the time, they usually just ride in the backseat. They settle down pretty quick on anything more than about 20 minutes, otherwise they like their heads out the window.

Herman has been riding around with me since he was 8 weeks old, loves going for rides, and does well in the truck. Usually he likes his front paws on console so he can watch where we're going.

When we're out camping we usually make him wear this, fortunately he loves his sweaters.

This pic basically sums up what life is like with them, Gretchen finding ways to get Herman worked up, while being chill.